The Student Room Group

Struggling in Uni

I’m a student from HongKong and I’ve arrived at my university two weeks after freshers as my visa was delayed and I was stuck to live somewhere else other than my original accommodation because most of them got corona, I met some people where I was stuck at but no one I really click with. The halls around my area are all British students except for one french dude and I just want someone I can speak my first language to and go around to meet people with.

After two weeks I moved into my original accommodation and I’ve lived with them for the past five days making an effort to get to know them going to bars and pubs which I don't usually go to, they are so loud and partying every night which idm a bit but they do it way too much. I have some common interests with them but they all seem to be much closer with each other and yesterday they were talking about houses and I know the couple of lads I’m closer with would prefer to live with each other so now I dont know who I’m gonna find to live with in my second year, I know a couple of people outside living in private accommodation but its gonna be difficult and I’m feeling pretty **** and wanna change my accommodation
What are your options?
Reply 2
Original post by tinygirl96
What are your options?

I applied for somewhere else thats catered but also one place self-catered so hopefully I wont have to wait as long
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a student from HongKong and I’ve arrived at my university two weeks after freshers as my visa was delayed and I was stuck to live somewhere else other than my original accommodation because most of them got corona, I met some people where I was stuck at but no one I really click with. The halls around my area are all British students except for one french dude and I just want someone I can speak my first language to and go around to meet people with.

After two weeks I moved into my original accommodation and I’ve lived with them for the past five days making an effort to get to know them going to bars and pubs which I don't usually go to, they are so loud and partying every night which idm a bit but they do it way too much. I have some common interests with them but they all seem to be much closer with each other and yesterday they were talking about houses and I know the couple of lads I’m closer with would prefer to live with each other so now I dont know who I’m gonna find to live with in my second year, I know a couple of people outside living in private accommodation but its gonna be difficult and I’m feeling pretty **** and wanna change my accommodation

Hello,

Hope you are doing well! :smile:

I understand how you must be feeling, starting university can be daunting in itself especially with the current situation. I would recommend joining some societies if you can, this would allow you to be able to get to know people with similar interests as yourself. Try not to worry too much about your accommodation for next year, you still have time to work out what you would like to do then.

Hope I was able to be of some help. #if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I would be happy to help. :smile:

All the best,

Shaf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending