The Student Room Group

is this possible?

im in year 9 and predicted a grade 6 for science at the end of year 11
is there any way i can make that grade higher because i honestly feel as if im working at grade 7/8 and even my teacher said so, it's just that predicted grades are dodgy 😂
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
im in year 9 and predicted a grade 6 for science at the end of year 11
is there any way i can make that grade higher because i honestly feel as if im working at grade 7/8 and even my teacher said so, it's just that predicted grades are dodgy 😂

yeah, at the start of gcses, grades have to be low. we were told we weren't getting anything above a 7. you have almost three years of school until them so I really wouldn't worry
Hey, if you feel like you're working at a 7/8 right now in Y9 with all the lockdown faff having gone on, well done! :clap2:

I wouldn't worry about changing predicted grades- only if you were in Y11 and they stopped you from applying to sixth form is when it might've been a problem. Don't worry, it's your actual results that matter and you'll feel so proud of yourself when you achieve higher than that 6.

It sucks to have your teacher underestimate you (dealt with this myself). Maybe that low predicted grade isn't even accurate when taking into account your past assessments, which is pretty unfair.

But don't worry! Often teachers will predict you low even if they think you're working higher because high schools need to show their students 'progression'. It's in their best interest to predict talented kids low so when they get high in their tests, they can show off their statistics and be like "ooo look and how much these students 'improved'! Our teaching must be revolutionary!".

So yeah, don't let them define you. Keep working hard to get that 7/8/higher grade.
You are in year 9, you have plenty of time to flourish. I was predicted a 6 in year 9 and now i am predicted in 9s in all three sciences. Just make sure to keep up with the work and revise
Girllll,you smart smart.
thank you all x

Quick Reply

Latest