The Student Room Group

Supermarkets in Newcastle??

Guys, are there any recommend ones that you would suggest me going to?
Reply 1
supermarkets then for sure grainger market
but I also recommend tesco and if so get yourself an app (clubcard) coz then you will be able to pay for some things much cheaper and if you collect enough points you will get a voucher. *I would recommend going to the Gateshead one, the big tesco, because well it's big hahaha so you will have much more variety and more things coz the one in town is pretty s***barely has anything in.
As for supermarkets like grainger market, i can't think of any
Lidl is pretty good too but there's isn't any in town, the ones I am thinking of are: the one on old durham rd + near metro centre
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by vickkyyxx
supermarkets then for sure grainger market
but I also recommend tesco and if so get yourself an app (clubcard) coz then you will be able to pay for some things much cheaper and if you collect enough points you will get a voucher. *I would recommend going to the Gateshead one, the big tesco, because well it's big hahaha so you will have much more variety and more things coz the one in town is pretty s***barely has anything in.
As for supermarkets like grainger market, i can't think of any
Lidl is pretty good too but there's isn't any in town, the ones I am thinking of are: the one on old durham rd + near metro centre

Alright thanks very much.
I’ll probably go to tesco and Grainger market, the others are a bit too far lol.
By the way, thanks for telling me the club card thing, it’ll help me save loads of money😊.
You seem to know a lot of things, are you a local here?
Reply 3
Original post by IU12345
Alright thanks very much.
I’ll probably go to tesco and Grainger market, the others are a bit too far lol.
By the way, thanks for telling me the club card thing, it’ll help me save loads of money😊.
You seem to know a lot of things, are you a local here?

Ik that Lidl is doing something similar but I don't have it so I don't exactly know how it works
Yeahh I am :smile:
Where abouts do you live, what area?
Reply 4
Ik that Lidl is doing something similar but I don't have it so I don't exactly know how it works
Yeahh I am :smile:
Where abouts do you live, what area?

I’m actually an international student studying in Newcastle, so not quite familiar with the environment here, but so far it’s been really nice, just that we don’t have the opportunity to go on campus😅
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by IU12345
I’m actually an international student studying in Newcastle, so not quite familiar with the environment here, but so far it’s been really nice, just that we don’t have the opportunity to go on campus😅

ohh really that's cool kind of surprised that you chose Newcastle but no it is good uni I have few friends there and they really like it
I am wishing you good luck understanding Geordie accent, I am a foreigner myself and I sometimes I cannot cope with it hahaha
if I can ask what are you studying at uni
*Also not food related but can be helpful as well if you travelling around the city, I would recommend getting the go north east app on your phone; not only you can check when your bus will be due in on each particular bus stop but you can also plan your journey or buy tickets on them which I find it easier coz I am always struggling to pronounce the certain street names
p.s. forgot to mention that Grainger market is always closed on sunday
Reply 6
ohh really that's cool kind of surprised that you chose Newcastle but no it is good uni I have few friends there and they really like it
I am wishing you good luck understanding Geordie accent, I am a foreigner myself and I sometimes I cannot cope with it hahaha
if I can ask what are you studying at uni
*Also not food related but can be helpful as well if you travelling around the city, I would recommend getting the go north east app on your phone; not only you can check when your bus will be due in on each particular bus stop but you can also plan your journey or buy tickets on them which I find it easier coz I am always struggling to pronounce the certain street names
p.s. forgot to mention that Grainger market is always closed on sunday

That’s right! Newcastle does have very good reviews like good teaching etc......😄
Haha, thanks a lot.
I will try my best to get used to it.
Currently studying medicine in Newcastle, but “really” worried about the work that I have to cope with😅
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by IU12345
That’s right! Newcastle does have very good reviews like good teaching etc......😄
Haha, thanks a lot.
I will try my best to get used to it.
Currently studying medicine in Newcastle, but “really” worried about the work that I have to cope with😅

Ohhh medicine I wish you good luck pretty hard topic but at the same congratulations on getting onto the course
Just drop me a message whenever you might need help in regards to Newcastle, I am not living here since birth but I do for about10 years now some stuff around
Reply 8
Ohhh medicine I wish you good luck pretty hard topic but at the same congratulations on getting onto the course
Just drop me a message whenever you might need help in regards to Newcastle, I am not living here since birth but I do for about10 years now some stuff around

Haha Thanks☺️
I’ll seek for help from you if I need it.

Quick Reply

Latest