The Student Room Group

G7 Senior Policy Advisor - Civil Service interview tips

Hi,

I have an upcoming G7 Senior Policy Advisor interview for the cross departmental vacancies/policy profession.

Just wondering if anyone here has any tips or insight into the structure of the interview? Even at HEO/SEO level!
Reply 1
Hi - search google for 'civil service success profiles' and learn the buzzwords associated with your job role; the categories should be outlined on your interview email/jobs portal.

Then what I'd do is factor the buzzwords into some pre-prepared STAR answers (google STAR interview for tips, but always add a bit of reflection on the end to blend your example to the role you're applying for). That should be the bread & butter of the interview done. You'll also want to work on some more generic stuff like 'what qualities would you bring to the role' 'why do you want the job' etc.

Finally, for mine I also tracked down some people already in role to ask what answers would be best, what the details of the job are ect.
HiHow did your interview go? Do you mind if I ask what kind of questions they asked? Also, re the five minute presentation, what are they expecting?Thanks in advance
Reply 3
Has anyone started the G7 job / gotten their contract yet?
Original post by arya1290
Has anyone started the G7 job / gotten their contract yet?

Hi,

I was informed that my application was successful in October but I am still waiting on a full offer. There appears to be major delays for some candidates. How about you?
(edited 3 years ago)
I am hoping to apply for a G7 role - I just wanted to know how much experience is typically required. I am a qualified solicitor changing careers into policy, so I've had 6 years in education and 5 years in employment. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending