The Student Room Group

4 or 3 AS LEVEL?

I want to really get into Dentistry but I seriously don’t know whether I should drop one AS subject .
I took Biology , Chemistry , Maths , and Psychology.
I want to drop psychology cuz it’s totally useless for my field , but I’m uncertain whether it’s going to be wise to do so
Please help me
Reply 1
How well are you doing in your subjects? If you can handle them all and get the required grades for dentistry then keep them but if not then drop psychology.
Reply 2
drop psychology unless you can manage 4 A level subjects and still be able to achieve high grades as dentistry is competitive to get into.
Reply 3
In my opinion, you should drop psychology so you can focus on your other important subjects to make sure you do well in them.
Reply 4
Why don't you do 4 (until year 13) and drop Psychology after?
Reply 5
Original post by Rxwa
In my opinion, you should drop psychology so you can focus on your other important subjects to make sure you do well in them.

Usually dentistry doesn’t need psychology , so I guess I should drop it ... thank you
Reply 6
Original post by Heidi_E
How well are you doing in your subjects? If you can handle them all and get the required grades for dentistry then keep them but if not then drop psychology.

I think I’ll drop it , cuz most unis just need 3 subjects ( bio chem maths).. thank you
Reply 7
Original post by gtty123
Why don't you do 4 (until year 13) and drop Psychology after?

I’m Most probably not planning to continue until year 13, and universities in UAE don’t require A levels asking as I have AS levels. Certain European countries also don’t require A levels .

Quick Reply

Latest