The Student Room Group

Would a club bouncer let you in if you tell him he's crap at his job for refusing you

Theres a certain bouncer at a club that, if he's on he'll turn me away for no reason. No problem with other bouncers.
I was talking to a friend about it once, I was thinking of saying something like, "You are crap at your job."
My friend said if I said that he might show me he is good at his job. Not sure how his mind works but does that mean hearing that he is crap at his job he might decide to let me in?
He might be driven to start improving, stop being a jobsworth and abusing that bit of power he has and let me in?
Er No.

Do you like science or math or physics - maybe you could make a fusion reactor work?

You probably won't do vey well at psychology.

Or perhaps gardening- if your the outdoor type?
Obviously not.
Original post by Akuma&agaOn
Theres a certain bouncer at a club that, if he's on he'll turn me away for no reason. No problem with other bouncers.
I was talking to a friend about it once, I was thinking of saying something like, "You are crap at your job."
My friend said if I said that he might show me he is good at his job. Not sure how his mind works but does that mean hearing that he is crap at his job he might decide to let me in?
He might be driven to start improving, stop being a jobsworth and abusing that bit of power he has and let me in?

Riiiiight. So you think someone will be nicer to you if you insult them? Interesting.
Reply 4

you'll just annoy him if you say that.

are you a non white by any chance?
a lot of bouncers are kinda racist these days......
How could you possibly think that would work??

Ps-I’m pretty sure your mate was telling you that if you said that then he’d show you how good he is at kicking people out.
(edited 3 years ago)
Nah I don't think the old reverse psychology quite works there. He already has an obvious dislike for you so provoking them likely wouldn't go well. The more adult thing to do would be to plainly and politely ask them if he had a personal or professional problem with you or was possibly confusing you with someone else. assuming your not talking crap obv.
Original post by Ne en mia nomo
Riiiiight. So you think someone will be nicer to you if you insult them? Interesting.

At least my friend did. I tell him he's crap at his job, he shows me he's good at his job by letting me in.
At least my friend did. I tell him he's crap at his job, he shows me he's good at his job by letting me in.

His job is to let in women, let in money and fob off chancing trouble makers. Sounds like he's doing ok. :tongue:
No, trust me, reverse psychology doesnt work!! LOL

they would probably just stare at you til you back off
Original post by LewethaVi3
No, trust me, reverse psychology doesnt work!! LOL

they would probably just stare at you til you back off

Someone gets ittt

Do it and let us know the result.
Original post by Anonymous
Do it and let us know the result.

I’m pretty sure his “friend” will be filming the result😂😂
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending