The Student Room Group

Centre Assesed grades

i took three a levels last year and coz of corona i got predicted.My predicted grades were an A* B D.I am taking a gap year and retaking the a level i got a d in.I was just wondering when applying for uni will the centre assessed grades be taken seriously or would they have required for me to retake all three of my a levels.
Reply 1
No need to re-sit everything.
Reply 2
ok.Just the subjects i want to improve right?
Reply 3
Original post by Sumaya542

Yes. A levels are completely separate from each other. you just do the one(s) you want to re-sit.

Hey I’m sitting one subject as well in the summer. How much time r u spending on it. I need an A but should be able to get it considering the amount of time we have.
Reply 5
I also need an A so I'm spending around 4 hours a day studying.I would sometimes break that up so 2 in the morning and then another two in the evening.
CAGs are awarded grades, the same as any other so Unis don't look down on them in any way.

Ordinarily, competitive courses might want you to complete all subjects in the same sitting, but I think most unis are being quite relaxed between this year and next. You might want to check with your target unis to make sure, but I doubt it will be any concern to them.
I also need an A so I'm spending around 4 hours a day studying.I would sometimes break that up so 2 in the morning and then another two in the evening.

Oh wow 4 hours each day? I was thinking of starting from like after Xmas. Maybe I should do what ur doing. What sub btw
Reply 8
Maths
Maths

Oh ok calm. I did maths this autumn and it was calm. I’m doing geography btw. R u on a gap year
Reply 10
The earlier you start the better.Something my parents drilled into my head since i was young.So definitely start now if you can.
Reply 11
Original post by Admit-One
CAGs are awarded grades, the same as any other so Unis don't look down on them in any way.

Ordinarily, competitive courses might want you to complete all subjects in the same sitting, but I think most unis are being quite relaxed between this year and next. You might want to check with your target unis to make sure, but I doubt it will be any concern to them.

Thank you.
Reply 12
Original post by Ferrari08
Oh ok calm. I did maths this autumn and it was calm. I’m doing geography btw. R u on a gap year

Yeah I'm in my gap year.How did you find A level maths.What exam board did you take?
Yeah I'm in my gap year.How did you find A level maths.What exam board did you take?

I’ve pmed u btw. I did edexcel and literally banged maths out over the last 2 months.

Quick Reply

Latest