The Student Room Group

Crap courtesy car

Has anyone had a courtesy car that is that bad that it makes you feel depressed? I’m going through that point atm, got a Nissan Juke with a cvt gearbox, it’s just so bad, it’s ugly, it’s too bulky, it’s **** too drive, the gearbox is utter dog shite, it’s slow and it’s not really that practical for what it is. I like driving, I normally drive a Ford Focus mk2 facelift and that is honestly a great car and love driving it but with this Nissan Juke I just want to park it up and go home. I have found out as well that my focus isn’t going to be back for another few weeks yet and that just makes me feel worse. I know depressed is strong word to use but this car is actually making me feel down, I just hate it and actually just want my car back. I think this is the worst car I ever driven.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

A ‘free’ dull-grey Fiat Panda, 850cc (probably), wind down windows in late 2019.
The only shock to me was that the brakes worked *really really well*
So well that when my ancient Honda 4x4 came back from the repair, I went for a test-drive in a new Honda. That also had amazing brakes, so I bought one. They are still amazing.
I probably have to change cars more often than every 8 years, the new car has radar braking, radar cruise, radar self-driving round corners, cameras everywhere. A massive leap in tech & performance over the old model.

Avoid Fiat Pandas tho’ - it was an expensive ‘nudge’
Reply 2
Original post by LuigiMario
A ‘free’ dull-grey Fiat Panda, 850cc (probably), wind down windows in late 2019.
The only shock to me was that the brakes worked *really really well*
So well that when my ancient Honda 4x4 came back from the repair, I went for a test-drive in a new Honda. That also had amazing brakes, so I bought one. They are still amazing.
I probably have to change cars more often than every 8 years, the new car has radar braking, radar cruise, radar self-driving round corners, cameras everywhere. A massive leap in tech & performance over the old model.

Avoid Fiat Pandas tho’ - it was an expensive ‘nudge’

Yep fiat pandas are old women cars, wind down windows in a 2019 car, wow! Hondas a nice cars though, fiat are good though it’s just the panda and some others like the uni or 500 they are more girls cars
Happened to us.
When my hubby’s parked car was hit, a mondeo titanium, the courtesy car they sent was a Peugeot 106. Hubby and both sons well over 6 feet.
The delivery driver suggested he drove it from the back seat....
Original post by Thefocusboy
Has anyone had a courtesy car that is that bad that it makes you feel depressed? I’m going through that point atm, got a Nissan Juke with a cvt gearbox, it’s just so bad, it’s ugly, it’s too bulky, it’s **** too drive, the gearbox is utter dog shite, it’s slow and it’s not really that practical for what it is. I like driving, I normally drive a Ford Focus mk2 facelift and that is honestly a great car and love driving it but with this Nissan Juke I just want to park it up and go home. I have found out as well that my focus isn’t going to be back for another few weeks yet and that just makes me feel worse. I know depressed is strong word to use but this car is actually making me feel down, I just hate it and actually just want my car back. I think this is the worst car I ever driven.

It could be worse - you could take your McLaren in for its service, and be given a Volvo ..
Reply 5
Original post by RogerOxon
It could be worse - you could take your McLaren in for its service, and be given a Volvo ..

Volvo is actually decent though I’m not even lying they are so reliable and underrated. My neighbour bought a xc60 an it looked so nice
Reply 6
Original post by Sammylou40
Happened to us.
When my hubby’s parked car was hit, a mondeo titanium, the courtesy car they sent was a Peugeot 106. Hubby and both sons well over 6 feet.
The delivery driver suggested he drove it from the back seat....

Yep it’s pathetic but I’d rather have a Peugeot 106 to this Nissan Juke because it’s actually horrible
Volvo is actually decent though I’m not even lying they are so reliable and underrated. My neighbour bought a xc60 an it looked so nice

No. You have to remember that I'm in the US, so it was an automatic. Jumping out of my McLaren into a Volvo slushmatic wasn't a pleasant experience. Then I have to wait for it to accelerate. Then wait some more. And then some more. All accompanied by some really nasty noises.
Reply 8
No. You have to remember that I'm in the US, so it was an automatic. Jumping out of my McLaren into a Volvo slushmatic wasn't a pleasant experience. Then I have to wait for it to accelerate. Then wait some more. And then some more. All accompanied by some really nasty noises.

Nah volvos are good solid reliable cars maybe they might be a bit boring and even if you don’t like Volvo at least it’s not a Nissan Juke
Nah volvos are good solid reliable cars maybe they might be a bit boring and even if you don’t like Volvo at least it’s not a Nissan Juke

I'd have preferred the Juke. It was bad. There's a much bigger difference between the McLaren and a Volvo than a Focus and the Juke.
I'd have preferred the Juke. It was bad. There's a much bigger difference between the McLaren and a Volvo than a Focus and the Juke.

Yes you probably would expect a merc or something as a courtesy car if you took a mclaren in. You probably think a juke and a focus is not going be much different but no, that’s what I thought I was actually expecting the juke to be ok because I see so many around so thought clearly people like them if everyone has on but I was so wrong, it’s actually terrible
Yes you probably would expect a merc or something as a courtesy car if you took a mclaren in. You probably think a juke and a focus is not going be much different but no, that’s what I thought I was actually expecting the juke to be ok because I see so many around so thought clearly people like them if everyone has on but I was so wrong, it’s actually terrible

In the whole complicated tapestry of life it’s not a big deal. You didn’t buy it. You will have your own back soon and never need to drive it again
Be grateful you have something to drive
Scrap it lol
In the whole complicated tapestry of life it’s not a big deal. You didn’t buy it. You will have your own back soon and never need to drive it again
Be grateful you have something to drive

Yes I’m sorry at least I don’t have to use the bus or walk tbf
Original post by Scottishlad888
Scrap it lol

Then they’ll scrap my focus or refuse to give it
Then they’ll scrap my focus or refuse to give it

You will have no focus as l would scrap that as well lol you will need to fucus on getting a nicer car lol
Original post by Scottishlad888
You will have no focus as l would scrap that as well lol you will need to fucus on getting a nicer car lol

A focus is decent car
Yes I’m sorry at least I don’t have to use the bus or walk tbf

You don’t need to be sorry.

it’s just temporary though so don’t let it bother you too much
You don’t need to be sorry.

it’s just temporary though so don’t let it bother you too much

Cheers and it’s just so bad to drive though lol
A focus is decent car

l prefer my 1969 Rolls Royce