The Student Room Group

Obsessed with reliving uni life

Graduated in July and had applied for a masters which I got turned down for because the course was oversubscribed, so have just been sitting at home lazing around but starting to apply for work and got my provisional driving license recently too.

Have not spoken to many people since Covid started and pretty much lost 95% of the friendships made at uni. At uni itself, I wasn't really invited to many things, developed anxiety and mild BDD and found myself not even close to forming friendships/relationships with girls over my three years. When I see social media, it seems as if most people still meet with their old friends or partners locally and on a regular basis too, sometimes even going back to their old unis. Now I feel like a lot of my good times are behind me and with things as they stand, there's pressure to adapt to the working world where people will have obviously moved on.

Will probably apply for a masters for next year as the economic situation is looking pretty bleak, but I'd really like another chance to turn my situation around and find people my age who I can do things with but also getting a further qualification in topics close to me. Until any time that I return to a campus, I'm stuck at home in uplifting Tier 2 London gaming and otherwise at my wits end.

Any advice?
Reply 1
??
Don't live in the past.
Reply 3
Can you find some meetup type groups in London for young graduates to meet other in similar situations?
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Can you find some meetup type groups in London for young graduates to meet other in similar situations?

I joined meet-up and citysocializer, but didn't find any graduate orientated meets tbh
Reply 5
Original post by Ramipril
Don't live in the past.

Easier said than done
Reply 6
Anyone else
life doesn't end after you finish uni, there's still plenty of opportunities to meet people. you just have to learn to let the uni times go
Remembering the happiest times of your past is good and an easy way to maintain a positive mindset. :smile:
But try not to get obsessed with your distant past or dependent upon fading memories to feel happy.

Have you looked into any short course to enhance your skillset?
What type of ambitions and hobbies do you have?
Reply 9
Yeah tbh I'll admit they didn't seem to be doing that well that lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending