The Student Room Group

Advice about a guy

So I met this guy on Grindr a few months ago we video called a few times and have been on three dates since, he’s not into texting and I was really enjoying getting to know him but now with new restrictions we can’t meet, I’m worried that this will fizzle out and we don’t text much cos he’s not really into talking that way and I’m not really into it either, I want to tell him I like him but worried it will come of the wrong way especially since I can’t do it face to face?

Scroll to see replies

Hi there
So why not a video call? Since you two do not like texting.
A video call would be right.
Or do you not want it too?
Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there
So why not a video call? Since you two do not like texting.
A video call would be right.
Or do you not want it too?

Yeah that’s not a bad idea thanks :smile:
Original post by Jordanforster
Yeah that’s not a bad idea thanks :smile:

You are welcome😊
Please keep us updated about what happens.
Or you can private message to do so too.
My only issue is I tend to be the one initiating most of the conversations and obvs I will be the one to suggest video calling, is this a bad sign, I don’t want to come across to eager either
My only issue is I tend to be the one initiating most of the conversations and obvs I will be the one to suggest video calling, is this a bad sign, I don’t want to come across to eager either

Well
I understand why you might feel like that.
But the thing is, this time, it is not about just chatting with him. It is about expressing your feelings, expressing what you want, how you want that relationship to be.
So yes, you might decide to just wait for him to message you one day and then you will take it as an opportunity to talk about it. But you know it might never happen.
So, even if I completely understand how you feel, it would be a good idea to text him first to talk about all those things you want.
Original post by Ackhnologia
Well
I understand why you might feel like that.
But the thing is, this time, it is not about just chatting with him. It is about expressing your feelings, expressing what you want, how you want that relationship to be.
So yes, you might decide to just wait for him to message you one day and then you will take it as an opportunity to talk about it. But you know it might never happen.
So, even if I completely understand how you feel, it would be a good idea to text him first to talk about all those things you want.

Thank you, I want to tell him that I like him and enjoyed spending time with and definitely want to get to know him more but not sure how to even say that in a message... I wanted to do it in person but Covid has ruined that 🤣
Reply 7
Nah, if you're putting more work into the most simple things like initiating convo, I think it's just a waste of time. You deserve someone who's equally excited to talk to you. And him not video calling is a bit? Idk, again it's your relationship but this is just my perspective on it. In a relationship, you need to feel happy, comfortable and secure :smile: It really depends on the atmosphere and vibe of the whole thing and only you can feel that tbh. Is it weird when you do talk to him?

It will fizzle out
Original post by Rumiii
Nah, if you're putting more work into the most simple things like initiating convo, I think it's just a waste of time. You deserve someone who's equally excited to talk to you. And him not video calling is a bit? Idk, again it's your relationship but this is just my perspective on it. In a relationship, you need to feel happy, comfortable and secure :smile: It really depends on the atmosphere and vibe of the whole thing and only you can feel that tbh. Is it weird when you do talk to him?

Honestly what you’re saying has been a worry of mine, when we have met in person it’s been great, and when we do text it doesn’t feel weird but we only usually texted to meet up, now with not being able to meet we have actually played among us over the phone a few times but I just don’t know 🤷*♀️
Original post by Scottishlad888
It will fizzle out

Thanks 😂
So I met this guy on Grindr a few months ago we video called a few times and have been on three dates since, he’s not into texting and I was really enjoying getting to know him but now with new restrictions we can’t meet, I’m worried that this will fizzle out and we don’t text much cos he’s not really into talking that way and I’m not really into it either, I want to tell him I like him but worried it will come of the wrong way especially since I can’t do it face to face?

do it if he's right he'll say the same back if not move on
Thanks 😂

its best to find someone else
Original post by Anonymous
do it if he's right he'll say the same back if not move on

i'd say look i have something i wanna get off my chest and then say how you feeling it's as simple as that boo
Original post by Anonymous
i'd say look i have something i wanna get off my chest and then say how you feeling it's as simple as that boo

Thanks what’ve I got to lose eh :smile:
Thanks what’ve I got to lose eh :smile:

nm if he's mr right nm if he's not good luck let me know how it goes hun
Honestly what you’re saying has been a worry of mine, when we have met in person it’s been great, and when we do text it doesn’t feel weird but we only usually texted to meet up, now with not being able to meet we have actually played among us over the phone a few times but I just don’t know 🤷*♀️

I do agree with Rumiii, i feel like by writing this post you may already feel like it is slightly one sided- in which case, i do think you should be with someone who is just as excited to talk to you too! But a part of me also thinks that if you never say anything, it will be on your mind for a while. If i were you i would say how i felt and if i didn't get the exact response i wanted, i would end it straight away- harsh, but ultimately, its not what i want. :smile:
Original post by erose19
I do agree with Rumiii, i feel like by writing this post you may already feel like it is slightly one sided- in which case, i do think you should be with someone who is just as excited to talk to you too! But a part of me also thinks that if you never say anything, it will be on your mind for a while. If i were you i would say how i felt and if i didn't get the exact response i wanted, i would end it straight away- harsh, but ultimately, its not what i want. :smile:

You are right that’s exactly how I feel... I’m gonna say how I feel and see what the response is.. thanks for your advice :smile:
You are right that’s exactly how I feel... I’m gonna say how I feel and see what the response is.. thanks for your advice :smile:

Ahh you're so welcome. i have been in this position before. its awful at the time, but you soon realise if they don't feel the same they are not really a loss! you will find someone who totally requites your feelings!! please update if you can :smile: x
I think you have a good plan! put yourself and your feelings first, if its not the outcome you want, get rid!! xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending