The Student Room Group

RSM Apprenticeships Starting 2021

Hi everyone!

Please use this space as a medium to talk about the upcoming RSM Apprenticeships. I suggest we can use this space to give some insights into RSM and its schemes - and some tips of course! :smile:

The interview process for me was very straight forward, by far the best one i've had. First was some online assesments - as usual, then followed a typical video interview consisting of questions to test you have done some research into RSM. Finally, the interview - it was great. The questions asked consist of strengh based questions so this is your time to shine no matter if you do not have any work experience. They tend do give you an outcome in the following days but do not be disheartened if not, these schemes are still set to start in 2021 which leaves lots of time for them to contact you!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Could you please explain the final interview in full detail? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks xx
Reply 2
they asked me why RSM, to tell them about myself and hobbies I think and they also asked why I wanted to work in that field. I did audit in Manchester, by the way. it was pretty good, I'd say you had about half a minute to prepare your answer after the question was shown and I think two minutes to answer the question. I did my online interview two weeks ago and I still haven heard back yet but apparently according to a couple other threads I've seen it can take them quite a while to do so
Original post by zeebobat
they asked me why RSM, to tell them about myself and hobbies I think and they also asked why I wanted to work in that field. I did audit in Manchester, by the way. it was pretty good, I'd say you had about half a minute to prepare your answer after the question was shown and I think two minutes to answer the question. I did my online interview two weeks ago and I still haven heard back yet but apparently according to a couple other threads I've seen it can take them quite a while to do so

Thanks for your response, I also have done the VI and was looking for some information on the next and final stage. Thanks xx
Reply 4
you're welcome!! good luck!! what field did you apply for? and did you apply to any other companies?
Reply 5
Hey guys,

I also completed the video interview a couple of weeks ago, waiting for a response. I applied to the Birmingham offices.
Original post by r4h4t
Hey guys,

I also completed the video interview a couple of weeks ago, waiting for a response. I applied to the Birmingham offices.

Rahat mate you alright...nice to see you...remember ya from pwc insight week thingi😊😊
Reply 7
Original post by Mubarkdu
Rahat mate you alright...nice to see you...remember ya from pwc insight week thingi😊😊

Yes... Everything just became virtual cos of COVID.. all the hard work. And now we are doing it again this year!
Original post by r4h4t
Yes... Everything just became virtual cos of COVID.. all the hard work. And now we are doing it again this year!

Yeah i know it's really annoying but there is nothing we could do about it.

Where else you have applied for apart from RSM??
Reply 10
Where else you have applied for apart from RSM??

Nowhere else yet. EY might be too competitive... Seeing what else is gonna come up. PWC is too far out... ideally was looking around Birmingham. What about you?
Hello guys did anyone heard back from RSM about their video interview. I got email saying that they have shortlisted me. Does anyone know what does that mean, is good or not, I am attaching the screenshot of email as well.
Reply 12
Do employers such as RSM check your predicted grades with your school? Or do I have to enter separate grades?
raahhhh well done on passing the video assessment!!!! I still have havent heard back as of yet but I'm hoping I will do soon:smile:)))
Original post by Lo12
Do employers such as RSM check your predicted grades with your school? Or do I have to enter separate grades?

I don't think they do, I had to put in my predicted grades I'm not sure if they contact the school or anything though :/
Reply 15
They do contact the school if need be, however most of the time you just upload your exam results. Most offers made to students without their exam results are conditional to them meeting the requirements of the role. For example, you may be given an offer but if you end up with a D in english or something then you wouldn’t get the role.
Reply 16
Original post by zeebobat
I don't think they do, I had to put in my predicted grades I'm not sure if they contact the school or anything though :/

Thank you :smile:
Reply 17
Hello guys did anyone heard back from RSM about their video interview. I got email saying that they have shortlisted me. Does anyone know what does that mean, is good or not, I am attaching the screenshot of email as well.

Well done... Shortlisting is usually a good thing, that means you are being considered.
Still haven't heard anything from them myself
Hi guys, what are the typical strengths based questions
Reply 19
Original post by Badgerrr
They do contact the school if need be, however most of the time you just upload your exam results. Most offers made to students without their exam results are conditional to them meeting the requirements of the role. For example, you may be given an offer but if you end up with a D in english or something then you wouldn’t get the role.

Oh ok I see, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest