The Student Room Group

Feeling down

I just don’t know why I am, me and my friend went out for lunch on the weekend but he was a bit snappy with me so that might have not helped. I just don’t know though I feeling like this for no reason and I think I just need someone to talk to really but I don’t have anyone to open up to.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I just don’t know why I am, me and my friend went out for lunch on the weekend but he was a bit snappy with me so that might have not helped. I just don’t know though I feeling like this for no reason and I think I just need someone to talk to really but I don’t have anyone to open up to.

Hi , I totally get u. I often feel a bit down for no reason which makes me feel like I can't talk about it because I don't have a reason for feeling that way. (you can have a chat with me if you'd like. X)
Reply 2
Hi , I totally get u. I often feel a bit down for no reason which makes me feel like I can't talk about it because I don't have a reason for feeling that way. (you can have a chat with me if you'd like. X)

I’m the same though I can’t chat about it because I don’t know what is making me feel like this
I’m the same though I can’t chat about it because I don’t know what is making me feel like this

Yeah I know, that's the most frustrating thing about it.
😊 I'm no therapist but i might be able to give you some advice on how you could try to spot what makes you start feeling down or how to try and feel better when you are down.
I've put a list below (most is what works for me personally but I thought it was worth sharing incase it can work for you as well.)
Hope it helps. X

1.i know this is cheesy but maybe try keeping a journal to note down when you feel down and what happened before the feelings started. There free password protected notepad apps you can get (I use one lol).

2.try doing something that requires a lot of concentration (I find this works well for me because it doesn't give me time to notice I'm feeling sad. Not that you should ignore your feelings it just helps to take my mind off them) personally I like to paint or draw. Whatever works for you.

3. Excersise ( a cliche I know.but it is proven to elevate mood)

. Sorry its a bit waffley 😂
If you just want to talk that's fine I'll reply when I can.
Hope this helps you.
Reply 4
Yeah I know, that's the most frustrating thing about it.
😊 I'm no therapist but i might be able to give you some advice on how you could try to spot what makes you start feeling down or how to try and feel better when you are down.
I've put a list below (most is what works for me personally but I thought it was worth sharing incase it can work for you as well.)
Hope it helps. X

1.i know this is cheesy but maybe try keeping a journal to note down when you feel down and what happened before the feelings started. There free password protected notepad apps you can get (I use one lol).

2.try doing something that requires a lot of concentration (I find this works well for me because it doesn't give me time to notice I'm feeling sad. Not that you should ignore your feelings it just helps to take my mind off them) personally I like to paint or draw. Whatever works for you.

3. Excersise ( a cliche I know.but it is proven to elevate mood)

. Sorry its a bit waffley 😂
If you just want to talk that's fine I'll reply when I can.
Hope this helps you.

It’s cool, I started feeling like this on off since my friend was snappy with me on the weekend and then I just remember being at home after I got in and I was just feeling like this for some reason
It’s cool, I started feeling like this on off since my friend was snappy with me on the weekend and then I just remember being at home after I got in and I was just feeling like this for some reason

If you don't mind me asking.
Was it like semi depression (low mood)
Or just feeling generally sad?
Reply 6
If you don't mind me asking.
Was it like semi depression (low mood)
Or just feeling generally sad?

Low mood like I have been feeling like this for a bit of time now
Low mood like I have been feeling like this for a bit of time now

Yeah.
I hope this doesn't offend you and I don't want to pressure you into anything because at the end of the day. you know you best.

Anyway I wouldn't worry too much but I would suggest looking up some self help info (just something light for now) or (as icky as it is) talking to someone you know /trust in person about it. Even if you just say "I'm feeling down and I don't know why" anyone who cares about you will be there to listen and I'm sure they'll do what they can to make you feel better.

If it starts getting really bad I would suggest seeing someone with experience to see if you need anything further. I know it seems extreme but when your feeling that way it can be very easy to slip into a downwards spiral so In my opinion it's best to nip it in the bud. If you do see someone don't be worried about feeling stupid because you don't know why you feel the way you do. These people understand that you don't need to have a reason. Youd be surprised how many people have depression or low mood for "no reason".
Reply 8
Yeah.
I hope this doesn't offend you and I don't want to pressure you into anything because at the end of the day. you know you best.

Anyway I wouldn't worry too much but I would suggest looking up some self help info (just something light for now) or (as icky as it is) talking to someone you know /trust in person about it. Even if you just say "I'm feeling down and I don't know why" anyone who cares about you will be there to listen and I'm sure they'll do what they can to make you feel better.

If it starts getting really bad I would suggest seeing someone with experience to see if you need anything further. I know it seems extreme but when your feeling that way it can be very easy to slip into a downwards spiral so In my opinion it's best to nip it in the bud. If you do see someone don't be worried about feeling stupid because you don't know why you feel the way you do. These people understand that you don't need to have a reason. Youd be surprised how many people have depression or low mood for "no reason".

Reported
Reported

lmao wtf

@tbi_zlx what is going today.
Original post by ChickenMadness
lmao wtf

He said I need help
He said I need help

Haha no man I'm just saying it's better to do something about it now than to let it stew and risk slipping onto full on depression.
I'm not saying u need help because I don't know the full extent of what you feel or what your like I just put it out there incase it's worse than I can see from our few exchanged emails. Anyway hope you feel OK soon.
😂😂
Original post by ChickenMadness
lmao wtf

No ideaaa mannn like this one after another bro. Im gonna have a breakdown sooner or later lmao
Haha no man I'm just saying it's better to do something about it now than to let it stew and risk slipping onto full on depression.
I'm not saying u need help because I don't know the full extent of what you feel or what your like I just put it out there incase it's worse than I can see from our few exchanged emails. Anyway hope you feel OK soon.
😂😂

Ok sorry
Original post by tbi_zlx
No ideaaa mannn like this one after another bro. Im gonna have a breakdown sooner or later lmao

Yes tobi from the sidemen
Ok sorry

Lol its OK.
It's just I've had a bit of depression before and I'm lucky enough to say I'm fine now.
I really wouldn't want anyone to slip into that mindset because it turns you into a completely different person.
Thx ill go now 😂👍
Yes tobi from the sidemen

I did not get the reference at all
Original post by tbi_zlx
I did not get the reference at all

I thought your username was after tobi from the sidemen
Lol its OK.
It's just I've had a bit of depression before and I'm lucky enough to say I'm fine now.
I really wouldn't want anyone to slip into that mindset because it turns you into a completely different person.
Thx ill go now 😂👍

Yeh
I thought your username was after tobi from the sidemen

Lol im ngll idk who that is aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending