The Student Room Group

I ****** up my life

I got into a degree I am not enjoying at all to get a job I do not want to get only because I was attracted by the salary. It was a stupid mistake and I feel I ****** up my life.

Scroll to see replies

It’s never too late to try find your passion and change your degree. How old are you And what are you studying rn?
which year r u in at uni? Its probs not as bad as you think - I know what its like feeling trapped and full of regret but something new always comes along which gives you new options/ changes ur perspective!
Reply 3
Hmm are you third year?

If first year I'd say drop out now and decide what you wan to do.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
It’s never too late to try find your passion and change your degree. How old are you And what are you studying rn?

which year r u in at uni? Its probs not as bad as you think - I know what its like feeling trapped and full of regret but something new always comes along which gives you new options/ changes ur perspective!

I am in my first year. Thanks for the encouragement. Changing degree is not an option due tu a number of circumstances.
is it law and u were planning to become a commercial lawyer?
Reply 6

No
Reply 7
did you ask your uni about changing to another course that you might enjoy more? It's still pretty early in the year.
No

sos if that was kinda rude -just a guess cos some of my friends are doing law degrees and not enjoying it...
Reply 9

I study law but I was thinking about the bar route actually or IB.
There’s always the open University
sos if that was kinda rude -just a guess cos some of my friends are doing law degrees and not enjoying it...

Dw, I do actually study law, but I had already excluded commercial law.
Original post by Paisley99
There’s always the open University

The answer I am thinking about would not be approved by moderators of TSR
I study law but I was thinking about the bar route actually or IB.

what's IB?
what's IB?

Investment banking.
hmm sorry about my annoying trite advice earlier, but good luck for the future!
Tbh I think I'm slightly abut to do the same thing as I've recently applied for a degree I'm really not that passionate about but which I think I can get into good unis for (Classics). Not really sure how to deal with this problem either...
hmm sorry about my annoying trite advice earlier, but good luck for the future!
Tbh I think I'm slightly abut to do the same thing as I've recently applied for a degree I'm really not that passionate about but which I think I can get into good unis for (Classics). Not really sure how to deal with this problem either...

Thanks, good luck you too.
I got into a degree I am not enjoying at all to get a job I do not want to get only because I was attracted by the salary. It was a stupid mistake and I feel I ****ed up my life.

Assuming that you're in your early 20s, you (probably) have plenty of time to either apply your training and skills to an area that you enjoy, or try something else.
Tbh I think I'm slightly abut to do the same thing as I've recently applied for a degree I'm really not that passionate about but which I think I can get into good unis for (Classics).

Why on earth would you read Classics if you're not passionate about it? I'd change now, before you really regret it.
Have you thought about transferring to another course?

Have you thought about leaving and taking time out to figure out what you actually want to do?

You’re in control of your life and it’s up to you to change it around if you’re not happy.

Quick Reply

Latest