The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

1. sociology, psychology, pe & EPQ- predicted A*A*A + A* epq
2. social sciences
3. 766666666 (not the best I know)
4. I need to stay fairly close to home due to a few reasons & its got a great rep!
5. LSE, Royal Holloway & Surrey
6. no
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
1. Doing the German Abitur, German English and Math, predicted 1.0
2. Law LLB
3. No equivalent
4. The course structure is the best I've seen and the optional modules are great
5. Oxford, LSE, Bristol, Nottingham
6. I missed it by an hour or so because of school
Hey! I'm a current student at KCL. If you have any questions about online teaching, facilities etc. please send me a DM. thank you!
Original post by bored_user:)
Hey! I'm a current student at KCL. If you have any questions about online teaching, facilities etc. please send me a DM. thank you!

What are you studying?
Original post by Anonymous
What are you studying?

Physics
Original post by madpaddington
Don’t worry, it took ages for me to receive my acknowledgment from King’s! I even emailed one of the admissions tutors and he said to wait it out and then I finally got my King’s Apply details about 3-4 weeks after I applied.

I applied to kings on 15th October and i havent received my kings apply details yet, nor a confirmation, so I registered for kings apply with my email to see if my application would be there and it isn’t. I then changed my email on kings apply to another email so it doesn’t interfere with anything. Will this affect anything? Also, I’m getting really worried because some people have received confirmation emails and their login details.
(edited 3 years ago)
Did you check your Spam folder? It may be there.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nealandmichael
I applied to kings on 15th October and i havent received my kings apply details yet, nor a confirmation, so I registered for kings apply with my email to see if my application would be there and it isn’t. I then changed my email on kings apply to another email so it doesn’t interfere with anything. Will this affect anything? Also, I’m getting really worried because some people have received confirmation emails and their login details.

I’m not too sure about how changing your email will affect anything, that sounds like a technical matter that King’s will know more about than myself. If it helps, I applied a whole month earlier than you and only received my King’s Apply details and acknowledgment email at the very end of September. I think it’s just a case of patience really!
Original post by madpaddington
I’m not too sure about how changing your email will affect anything, that sounds like a technical matter that King’s will know more about than myself. If it helps, I applied a whole month earlier than you and only received my King’s Apply details and acknowledgment email at the very end of September. I think it’s just a case of patience really!

Ahhh okay thank you for letting me know. I was getting worried something may have gone wrong since other unis had emailed. Thank you for letting me know! Are you and early applicant?
Ahhh okay thank you for letting me know. I was getting worried something may have gone wrong since other unis had emailed. Thank you for letting me know! Are you and early applicant?

No problem! I was freaking out too when I hadn’t received any emails after I applied! Yes, I applied on September 8th for Law. What are you applying for?

Sorry I don’t know why my response went anonymous lol

I got my confirmation and Kings Apply details after a few days, are you sure you have checked your spam?
Reply 92
Hi everyone!
1. I'm doing the IB and predicted 42 points- 776 in Maths Econ Physics respectively
2. I applied for BSc Econ
3. GCSEs were 99999988888
4. I honestly picked KCL as my last option ngl but mainly because it's in London and career opportunities
5. applying to warwick LSE UCL Notts
6. Nope
does anyone know when kcl will start giving out offers?
Original post by 17chloe
does anyone know when kcl will start giving out offers?

I looked at last year's thread and it seems like they started in November with the majority hearing after Christmas.
omg scary!!!
Original post by theJoyfulGeek
I couldn't find a thread for KCL 2021 applicants, so here goes.

1. What A-levels are you taking and what grades are you hoping for?
2. What subject(s) are you applying to at KCL?
3. What were your GCSE grades?
4. Why KCL?
5. Which other unis are you applying to?
6. Have you gone to any of the (virtual?) open days for KCL?

Edit: this thread by @StrawberryDreams has links to all the other university applicant threads:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6630884

Hello!! Ty for making this thread, I can't believe that it's our turn to apply to unis now!
1. I'm taking maths, physics, music and EPQ. My predicted grades are AAA (I don't know my EPQ predicted grade) but I'm hoping to do better in my exams!
2. I'm applying for General Engineering MEng but I'm going to take a gap year.
3. 9999A*88776
4. I just love London! I lived there for a short time during primary school but it's very convenient, easy to travel around in and it would be awesome to go back. The course is pretty decent too!
5. Durham (will probably get rejected lol), Lancaster, Edinburgh and Birmingham.
6. No I haven't, oops...

Good luck to everyone who is applying/ has applied! We've got this!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Nh1092
1. History (A), English Lit (A), Politics (A*)
2. Politics, Philosophy and Law
3. 998877655 (Extenuating circumstances)
4. Really like the PPL course.
5. Cambridge, Glasgow, Durham, Lancaster
6. No, are they any good?

Has anybody who's applied received an acknowledgement yet? I sent off my application on the 6th but yet to be sent login details for Kings apply. Maybe they wait until they receive LNAT results (for Law courses)?

Hi! I’m also applying for PPL :smile: Are you applying to Glasgow for Common Law/Philosophy? If so, same! I got my confirmation email and login details the day after I applied, but not to worry as it seems like they’re pretty random with the times they come out. I sat my LNAT on the 6th October so they’ll be getting my results today, when did you/are you going to sit yours? Best of luck!
does anyone know how long kcl usually take to send offers ? I’ve only applied recently so ik it will be a while but just wondered how long the average ish wait time is (╹◡╹)
Original post by annallee2311
does anyone know how long kcl usually take to send offers ? I’ve only applied recently so ik it will be a while but just wondered how long the average ish wait time is (╹◡╹)

It's unlikely to hear back from them before December/ Christmas.

Latest