The Student Room Group

Not happy with my age

I’m just only 19 but everyone in my friendship group is 20 now and I’m still a teenager. I am a late birthday and especially me get judged by older people. I just have a soft spot for a woman who’s in her late 30s but I just can’t see her because I am too young for her. I went to America and my uncle with everyone was going out for a drink with everyone then my parents said I won’t get in since the age is 21 to drink.

I just have been the young kid in my school and I got sick of it. My college had a party before I turned 18 and I again couldn’t go because I was 17. When I was 16 I was the last one to learn to drive do by the time I started everyone passed. I just like girls older, I just find them more attractive but I can’t have them because I am too young and I am sick of my age being a barrier to everything.

I just want to live adults life. I used to go out to car convoys with middle aged men when I was 14 and people used to judge me for it including teachers. I have been less self conscious about it since I turned 18 but still am. I thought when I turned 18 the world will be mine but it turns out it’s not.

I just kind of wish I was born in the 1900s because things was better like, it was easier to get a job then, cars were better then, house prices were much cheaper then for example a 3 bed house then you could get for 25k but now a decent 3 bed is 200k at least and that’s pushing it. I also have cousins who are in their 40s and my parents had us quite late so their siblings had their kids earlier so they are older.

Scroll to see replies

Honestly there is nothing you should be worrying about.
🙂

My friend is the only person in the year who is 19 and the others are 18.

Age has no limit to stopping do /want something.
Reply 2
No I just kind of wished I grew up in the 1900s
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly there is nothing you should be worrying about.
🙂

My friend is the only person in the year who is 19 and the others are 18.

Age has no limit to stopping do /want something.

It’s just like the 1900s were so much better like the 1970s or 80s because then you had loads of xr3is, sierras, xr2s cozy’s and what have we just have things like zafiras and ****ing Nissan jukes now
Original post by Anonymous
No I just kind of wished I grew up in the 1900s

When diseases such as Polio, Tetanus and others where still commonplace. Where women and most men did not have the vote. Where men who worked did so six days a week.

Though Jacob Rees-Mogg would think that too modern.
Reply 5
Original post by barnetlad
When diseases such as Polio, Tetanus and others where still commonplace. Where women and most men did not have the vote. Where men who worked did so six days a week.

Though Jacob Rees-Mogg would think that too modern.

I don’t know
My family had a 7 bedroom mansion built for £1000 in the 1920s not 25k you could have had 25 mansions built for 25k in the 1920s cars cost £25 brand new
Reply 7
Wtf... are you serious? That time was egregious, awful and abysmal.
Original post by gtty123
Wtf... are you serious? That time was egregious, awful and abysmal.

Those days were the best times you dont know what you were missing the world is now on edge not long till world war three breaks out and the world will be cleaned out of the scum of the earth
Reply 9
Original post by Scottishlad888
Those days were the best times you dont know what you were missing the world is now on edge not long till world war three breaks out and the world will be cleaned out of the scum of the earth

12 years after Jack the Ripper. Poverty, famine and the wars. Poor living conditions and diseases everywhere. Women treated badly. Need I continue?
Original post by gtty123
12 years after Jack the Ripper. Poverty, famine and the wars. Poor living conditions and diseases everywhere. Women treated badly. Need I continue?

The world is still in the same mess nothing has changed in real terms
The world is still in the same mess nothing has changed in real terms

But, it has. Women and equality - that's not changed? Sure, there may be discrepancies, with gender pay, however it's not as bad as it used to be.
Original post by gtty123
But, it has. Women and equality - that's not changed? Sure, there may be discrepancies, with gender pay, however it's not as bad as it used to be.

Nothing has change much for woman why is there so much domestic violence behind closed doors
It’s not big of a deal.
Think of it this way, you are from amongst that group of 19 year old who have done more than the 19 year olds born in the latter months of the year.

Yeah, because 1900s were so much better with two world wars, incredible poverty, holocaust and other genocides, black people still officialy considered unequal, spanish flu, no antibiotics till 1928, woman not being able to vote and to have proper education, holodomor (famine in Ukraine), cold war, and honestly i could go on for ages into specific genocides, wars, conflicts etc.
Original post by Catsarepurrfect
Yeah, because 1900s were so much better with two world wars, incredible poverty, holocaust and other genocides, black people still officialy considered unequal, spanish flu, no antibiotics till 1928, woman not being able to vote and to have proper education, holodomor (famine in Ukraine), cold war, and honestly i could go on for ages into specific genocides, wars, conflicts etc.

Nothing will get any better as the public are wearing blinkers
Nothing has change much for woman why is there so much domestic violence behind closed doors

Sounds like you are a man... Yes, there is lot of domestic violence. But there are support systems for women who want to get out of abusive relationship. We can vote, we can study wherever we want, we are not expected to marry at 20, we can choose who we want to marry, we are not expected to birth 4 children before we even reach 27. We are not expected to put up with everything. Yes, it is still not ideal, but i see a big shift in a good direction.

Of course it has. Systems to help women now, are far greater than the ones back then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending