The Student Room Group

Anxiety, overthinking things

I have bad anxiety, I feel I made a fool of myself earlier, I spoke on a phone call with a friend, we had a long chat I was really nervous on the call, after the call I was ruminating about the conversation and I thought in my mind I was talking over him, so I called back later and said “I’m not sure if I’m being paranoid but sorry if I was weird on the call or was talking over you/interrupting” he seemed confused and was like nah the call was fine, you wasn’t interrupting and doesn’t matter if you did I do that sometimes.
I now feel really stupid, I regret calling back making myself look crazy or sensitive, paranoid.
Have I made a fool of myself?
Am I overthinking this?
Oh well even if you wish you didn’t call him back it’s done now. He reassured you, you don’t need to do it again.

I know lots of people with anxiety especially with phone calls. Not everyone is good at phone calls or enjoys them. If he’s your mate he won’t hold that against you. And if you did interrupt him then your call back is not a bad thing it shows him you rethought the habit.
Reply 2
Original post by leopard202
Oh well even if you wish you didn’t call him back it’s done now. He reassured you, you don’t need to do it again.

I know lots of people with anxiety especially with phone calls. Not everyone is good at phone calls or enjoys them. If he’s your mate he won’t hold that against you. And if you did interrupt him then your call back is not a bad thing it shows him you rethought the habit.

Yeah I just feel really silly now as I can see there was no need for the call back to say that. I think it has shown that I’m weak and that I’m paranoid. I bet he thinks “wow he’s proper paranoid/sensitive”

I feel I have made an idiot of myself, I beating myself up about it.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I just feel really silly now as I can see there was no need for the call back to say that. I think it has shown that I’m weak and that I’m paranoid. I bet he thinks “wow he’s proper paranoid/sensitive”

I feel I have made an idiot of myself, I beating myself up about it.

Honestly he’ll forget about it by tomorrow or next week. He won’t define you as a paranoid and sensitive guy permanently now because of this. Just play things cool next time and he’ll forget all about it.

Don’t be hung up on it because life is fluid! You don’t always show this behaviour and you don’t have to repeat it. Therefore it cannot possibly define you to then
Reply 4
Original post by leopard202
Honestly he’ll forget about it by tomorrow or next week. He won’t define you as a paranoid and sensitive guy permanently now because of this. Just play things cool next time and he’ll forget all about it.

Don’t be hung up on it because life is fluid! You don’t always show this behaviour and you don’t have to repeat it. Therefore it cannot possibly define you to then

Thank you. I hate anxiety, it’s ruling my life!
Reply 5
Now that it’s the day after I feel so stupid that I did this, like why call back to apologise for possibly talking over someone 😫

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending