The Student Room Group

nausea, vomiting - what could it be?

hey, so I've started having nausea like over a week ago and at first I thought it was kind of because of stress, but then 2 days ago vomiting started as well in the morning until like early afternoon, same 2 days ago and yesterday and I thought it could have been a food poisoning, but today it was still the case - again in the morning, early afternoon, and I'm no longer sure as food poisoning (in my case at least) lasts usually a day only. now, literally writing this, I can't sleep cause of nausea, although I've not vomited since the morning. any idea what I can do and what could it be?
agh sorry to hear that, sounds really rough. Maybe try and call 111 for some advice?
Also apparently running ur hands and wrists under cold water or drinking something really cold can help with nausea. Hope u get well soon
Are you a girl or guy? Could it be pregnancy?
Reply 3
Original post by Fionaanddonkey
agh sorry to hear that, sounds really rough. Maybe try and call 111 for some advice?
Also apparently running ur hands and wrists under cold water or drinking something really cold can help with nausea. Hope u get well soon

thankss I'll try that, I didn't really want to involve too many people in it hence I didn't want to call, but if it doesn't get better I probably will
thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Are you a girl or guy? Could it be pregnancy?

a girl, well, it could theoretically obviously, but I don't think it's highly probable as I'm on the birth control pill
but my period is irregular so I didn't of if it appears to be late
Reply 5
okay, thank you!
a girl, well, it could theoretically obviously, but I don't think it's highly probable as I'm on the birth control pill
but my period is irregular so I didn't of if it appears to be late

There are lots of hormone related things it could be if your period is irregular! As everyone else says check with your gp first and pay attention to any other symptoms

You’re right the pill should make it all totally fine, if you wanted to be sure just take one test. Cross it off the list. Just because you say it’s gone on for more than a week and it’s routinely and keeps you up at night too. I recognise the symptoms that’s all where I’m coming from
Reply 7
There are lots of hormone related things it could be if your period is irregular! As everyone else says check with your gp first and pay attention to any other symptoms

You’re right the pill should make it all totally fine, if you wanted to be sure just take one test. Cross it off the list. Just because you say it’s gone on for more than a week and it’s routinely and keeps you up at night too. I recognise the symptoms that’s all where I’m coming from

yeah, of course, I see what you mean! I think I'll check it with a test just to be sure (hopefully that's not the thing, though)
thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest