The Student Room Group

Teeth

I am trying to have better oral health but i dont know what keeps my teeth from being yellow. During the day i think my teeth are fine but when i brush and i see my tooth colour next to white toothpaste they are quite yellow. I have been brushing twice a day, flossing and using mouthwash and yet this still happens. I dont eat sweets or sugary foods either so am i doing something wrong?

Scroll to see replies

You tried hydrogen peroxide?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

No, but i heard its dangerous

That’s ur only hope, I used baking soda on mine, once a month.
They’re white & my tongue is bright pink
Also it might be how you brush, many people surprisingly don’t know how to brush and bring the correct motion, it’s something you should definitely read into, you’d be surprised
Lol
I would suggest going to your local dentist (If the dentists allow you to; due to covid most only provide emergency dental care)
(edited 3 years ago)

Correct. Do not use it on your teeth.

If your oral hygiene is good, suspect it is probably just the colour of your enamel and there is not much you can do about it. Make sure you get your teeth checked regularly by a dentist and you can always ask them about tooth whitening.
Well first of all no one’s teeth are naturally pearly white in color so comparing it to your toothpaste is useless and just depressing lol. Teeth do have a very slight yellowish tint to it but if you feel like it is more than normal you can always whiten them. Some people have them more yellow no matter what they eat/consume.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Also it might be how you brush, many people surprisingly don’t know how to brush and bring the correct motion, it’s something you should definitely read into, you’d be surprised

I will look into this, thank you for your response :h:
Original post by black tea
Correct. Do not use it on your teeth.

If your oral hygiene is good, suspect it is probably just the colour of your enamel and there is not much you can do about it. Make sure you get your teeth checked regularly by a dentist and you can always ask them about tooth whitening.

Is there any whitening methods that aren't costly. Im currently a broke student.
Is there any whitening methods that aren't costly. Im currently a broke student.

idk if it acc works but u get those teeth whitening strips?from like boots or something...

Original post by vix.xvi
idk if it acc works but u get those teeth whitening strips?from like boots or something...

I wouldn't take advice like this from the internet. Your best bet is to consult with your dentist.

Safe ones? No.
Original post by imaniii
Well first of all no one’s teeth are naturally pearly white in color so comparing it to your toothpaste is useless and just depressing lol. Teeth do have a very slight yellowish tint to it but if you feel like it is more than normal you can always whiten them. Some people have them more yellow no matter what they eat/consume.

Thank you, i didnt know what else to compare the colour to since im embarrased to ask irl. I used to drink tea and coffee almost daily and people would talk about my teeth but i had forgotten that they make your teeth yellower than usual.
Thank you, i didnt know what else to compare the colour to since im embarrased to ask irl. I used to drink tea and coffee almost daily and people would talk about my teeth but i had forgotten that they make your teeth yellower than usual.

Ever read The Twits? Childish I know but there's a very true and important statement that reads:

“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
Same.
Original post by Alienated.
Ever read The Twits? Childish I know but there's a very true and important statement that reads:

“If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”

I havent heard that saying in years but thank you for giving me that perspective because i would have never looked at it that way. I mainly think that way everyday because i think i have a couple mental health issues including social anxiety but i am going to try seek help next month. I appreciate your response :smile:
I havent heard that saying in years but thank you for giving me that perspective because i would have never looked at it that way. I mainly think that way everyday because i think i have a couple mental health issues including social anxiety but i am going to try seek help next month. I appreciate your response :smile:

No worries, wish you the best.
Have you tried oil pulling? I heard it works.

Quick Reply

Latest