The Student Room Group

Oxford Writing rules

Hello everyone
I hope you are all doing well.
Can you please provide me with information on the general rules of writing I should respect when writing my Oxford application documents (Personal Statement and two essays)? I am talking about font type and size, line and paragraph spacing, indent, pages double or single-spaced, title styles...
Thanks in advance.
Original post by YoussefAmazigh
Hello everyone
I hope you are all doing well.
Can you please provide me with information on the general rules of writing I should respect when writing my Oxford application documents (Personal Statement and two essays)? I am talking about font type and size, line and paragraph spacing, indent, pages double or single-spaced, title styles...
Thanks in advance.

Any normal font will do - Calibri, Ariel, Times New Roman. Probably about size 10 font, space things normally. Put the title in bold and a bit bigger. It's not an exact art, just make it look presentable and they will care more about the content.
Original post by DoNotMove
Any normal font will do - Calibri, Ariel, Times New Roman. Probably about size 10 font, space things normally. Put the title in bold and a bit bigger. It's not an exact art, just make it look presentable and they will care more about the content.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you please help me with this question, I didn't get enough answers: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6752472&p=91576898#post91576898
Thanks again.
They love it if you use comic sans.
Original post by nexttime
They love it if you use comic sans.

Seriously?! Haha 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest