The Student Room Group

How to ask an employee for her number?

There is a girl who works at the front desk of my local gym. She is literally the image of my ideal girlfriend and she seems to have a really nice personality too. She gives me a big smile and acts really friendly to me (however that may just be her doing her job well). Nevertheless, what would be the best way to ask for her number? I'm not great at this kind of thing which is why I ask, and there are multiple employees working at the desk which makes it a bit awkward.
Reply 1
Original post by BPP66
There is a girl who works at the front desk of my local gym. She is literally the image of my ideal girlfriend and she seems to have a really nice personality too. She gives me a big smile and acts really friendly to me (however that may just be her doing her job well). Nevertheless, what would be the best way to ask for her number? I'm not great at this kind of thing which is why I ask, and there are multiple employees working at the desk which makes it a bit awkward.

tbh, i would probably just hit her with a compliment on her looks each time I saw her.

and note her reaction/body language. ..if it was negative i'd give up.

after 2 or 3 compliments given on 2 or 3 separate occasions i'm sure the girl would "twig" that i fancy her.
again, i'd note her body language/reaction and if she seemed uncomfortable with me or not... and if i felt i was getting positive signs back i'd just go over to her and ask her out next time she wasn't around her colleagues.
Reply 2
Girls that work in gyms are usually friendly and adorable and it’s unlikely they are kicking their heels waiting to be asked for their number. More likely they view it as an occupational hazard. It’s also uncomfortable if you get rejected and you might have to change gym. So I’d try some flirting first - smiling, using name, humour, complements - and only if you get enthusiastic response suggest meeting for a coffee.
Original post by Zarek
Girls that work in gyms are usually friendly and adorable and it’s unlikely they are kicking their heels waiting to be asked for their number. More likely they view it as an occupational hazard. It’s also uncomfortable if you get rejected and you might have to change gym. So I’d try some flirting first - smiling, using name, humour, complements - and only if you get enthusiastic response suggest meeting for a coffee.

That's some good advice. I actually imagined the whole scene in my head while reading it lol. Normally girls are excited af to see you if they have a crush on you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending