The Student Room Group

Tesco Insurance vs Non Black Box

😃😃
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Untitled999999
I'm looking for insurance for my first car and I'm in an awkward predicament. Tesco car insurance with a black box is £960. The cheapest without a black box is Admiral £2,088. I know people say that black boxes are terrible but it seems unreasonable to spend more than £1,000 more... I've heard that Tesco are quite good for being black box insurers. Has anybody had any experiences?

Pick a different car and get non-telematics insurance.
Original post by IWMTom
Pick a different car and get non-telematics insurance.

What car would suggest that would have cheaper insurance than a Yaris? And do you have any experience of Tesco car insurance?
Reply 3
Original post by Untitled999999
What car would suggest that would have cheaper insurance than a Yaris? And do you have any experience of Tesco car insurance?

You're going to have to do your own homework I'm afraid.

There isn't a one size fits all car choice to get cheap insurance as a Corsa might be cheapest for me, but a Land Rover might be cheapest for you.

You need to do insurance quotes for a wide range of cars, even the ones that seem counterintuitive.
(edited 3 years ago)
I'd be inclined to pay the 2k tbh, rather than risk having my insurance yoinked out from under me at any time. We can't say how likely any 1 company will be to treat you well with a box but I wouldn't be happy with them having that kind of 'computer says no' power over me. Everyone says their black box policy is really lax right up until the cancellation letter comes in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending