The Student Room Group

Brother involved with my friends

I dont like it, it’s been happening for a bit of time now and I just want it to stop. I just enjoy going out with friends and just me. I keep having arguments with him about it. Obviously the passed few weeks we haven’t been going out but he messages them and goes on games with them so I want to speak to them but no he’s playing fifa with them or black ops. They are my friends from college and school so why can’t he talk to his friends from school or college. He doesn’t let me talk to his friends but when I am getting ready to go out he just gets ready as well and when I’m on the phone he comes interrupting me then takes over the conversation changing the subject. Sometimes I come out and he just is on games with them talking. It’s pretty much most days or the week they game and every time we went out when we could and he’s going to carry on when we are allowed out. I just hate it so much.

Scroll to see replies

Seems like your brother's a people person. I suggest you get used to it but don't let yourself be an outcast, accept the fact that your friends are friends with your brother too and get along with him. I don't know what's the relationship with you two but this is only my suggestion hehe
Reply 2
Original post by HannahTy6
Seems like your brother's a people person. I suggest you get used to it but don't let yourself be an outcast, accept the fact that your friends are friends with your brother too and get along with him. I don't know what's the relationship with you two but this is only my suggestion hehe

They are my friends from school not his
That is weird. Are the friends boys, maybe your brother is over protective?
Reply 4
They are boys and so am I
Original post by Anonymous
They are boys and so am I

Why don't you just join the games with him, and when you go out don't tell him you are going?
I swear I’ve seen this thread before a couple of months ago :hmmmm:
Reply 7
I just don’t want to
It sounds like your friends are genuinely friends with your brother too if they're gaming and talking all the time. You should just try to accept that your brother is part of your friendship group too and get along with him too.
Well you need to get over the irrational jealously v quick or you'll have no friends and prob no brother.
Original post by loginrunner
It sounds like your friends are genuinely friends with your brother too if they're gaming and talking all the time. You should just try to accept that your brother is part of your friendship group too and get along with him too.

I don’t ****ing know
Lmaoooo funniest post I’ve read😂😂
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
I swear I’ve seen this thread before a couple of months ago :hmmmm:

i find lots of threads go round on a kind of rotation system chop:biggrin:
Lmaoooo funniest post I’ve read😂😂

Reported
Original post by StriderHort
Well you need to get over the irrational jealously v quick or you'll have no friends and prob no brother.

They are my friends though, also they are my age he should have his own friends

You can't own friends or claim exclusive rights, get over it. Throwing sulks will just illustrate to them than maybe yr bro is the mature one.

You can't own your friends, and it's not even that uncommon to be friends with sibling's friends. My younger sister is in me and my friends' group chat, and my friend's brother is also.
Reported

Ooo I’m so scared of a report button
Original post by StriderHort
You can't own friends or claim exclusive rights, get over it. Throwing sulks will just illustrate to them than maybe yr bro is the mature one.

But I knew them in school for years, I grew up with them and my brother who went to another school just can’t come and take them off me
Original post by loginrunner
You can't own your friends, and it's not even that uncommon to be friends with sibling's friends. My younger sister is in me and my friends' group chat, and my friend's brother is also.

But I knew them in school for years, I grew up with them and my brother who went to another school just can’t come and take them off me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending