The Student Room Group

Having problems at college

She won’t let me move tables from this girl next to me in my group but I don’t like this really don’t like her because she ruined my confidence a few weeks ago so I don’t want to be associated with her, she made me self conscious and was getting teachers to criticise me. So this happened before when girl came into the classroom sits next to me but last time I didn’t say anything or do anything I just simply moved away from the girl onto a different seat, the teacher said why have I moved from the girl but I just said this girl has upset me in the lesson and ruined my confidence and explained what she did. The teacher wouldn’t understand and made me to sit back next to her but I kept refusing because she ruined my confidence and I just didn’t want to have anything to do with her for what she did and so she doesn’t upset me again. This situation happened before when the teacher made me sit next to this girl and I refused but I didn’t tell the teacher what she did but this time I did.

If you want context on how she ruined my confidence here’s a link to my thread explaining what she did, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=91399026&highlight=Pizza

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
AnYoNe?
Reply 3
Wow people are so arrogant on this website
Reply 4
The lack of respect to mental health from people on here disgusts me.
you posted the same thing a few days ago.
Reply 6
Original post by ReadingMum
you posted the same thing a few days ago.

Yes this is an update thread if you read both carefully you can see it’s not the same
Original post by Anonymous
She won’t let me move tables from this girl next to me in my group but I don’t like this really don’t like her because she ruined my confidence a few weeks ago so I don’t want to be associated with her, she made me self conscious and was getting teachers to criticise me. So this happened before when girl came into the classroom sits next to me but last time I didn’t say anything or do anything I just simply moved away from the girl onto a different seat, the teacher said why have I moved from the girl but I just said this girl has upset me in the lesson and ruined my confidence and explained what she did. The teacher wouldn’t understand and made me to sit back next to her but I kept refusing because she ruined my confidence and I just didn’t want to have anything to do with her for what she did and so she doesn’t upset me again. This situation happened before when the teacher made me sit next to this girl and I refused but I didn’t tell the teacher what she did but this time I did.

If you want context on how she ruined my confidence here’s a link to my thread explaining what she did, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=91399026&highlight=Pizza

I've just read what they all did to you in that catering class and it definitely sounds like one situation that everyone has turned into a running joke and will not seem to leave you alone - I'm really sorry they're making you feel that way, and that's not okay :frown: I assume that because the teacher wasn't there she probably thinks that it wasn't a big deal, but she should've took your word for it. Please try not to let other people ruin your future, because this will only last for the time you're there, so keep being strong and maybe talk to the subject team leaders to see if you can either move classes or see if they can talk some sense into your insensitive teachers and classmates
Reply 8
Original post by A.Peters0797
I've just read what they all did to you in that catering class and it definitely sounds like one situation that everyone has turned into a running joke and will not seem to leave you alone - I'm really sorry they're making you feel that way, and that's not okay :frown: I assume that because the teacher wasn't there she probably thinks that it wasn't a big deal, but she should've took your word for it. Please try not to let other people ruin your future, because this will only last for the time you're there, so keep being strong and maybe talk to the subject team leaders to see if you can either move classes or see if they can talk some sense into your insensitive teachers and classmates

I just don’t know because I tried speaking and the teacher wouldn’t understand also the girl who made me feel like this had her mate who stuck up for her
I just don’t know because I tried speaking and the teacher wouldn’t understand also the girl who made me feel like this had her mate who stuck up for her

Was the girl horrible to you in the other class or did you just feel uncomfortable being sat with her for what she'd done in catering?
Have you tried talking to anyone further up? Do you have a head of year or head of department that you could speak to?
Was the girl horrible to you in the other class or did you just feel uncomfortable being sat with her for what she'd done in catering?
Have you tried talking to anyone further up? Do you have a head of year or head of department that you could speak to?

I felt uncomfortable sitting with her for what she did in catering

I do have a head of year but he isn’t very good and I think he won’t change anything
I felt uncomfortable sitting with her for what she did in catering

I do have a head of year but he isn’t very good and I think he won’t change anything

Did she say anything else to you?
Your college sounds awful, I don't understand how it's such a big deal for you to be moved away from her it sounds so infuriating haha!
You never know to be fair, he might seem to be awful at his job but maybe he's more of a people person than your actual teacher so who knows. At the end of the day someone's gotta do something or else you'll have to take it down the bullying route and get the police involved, and I know for a fact that if moving you in a classroom makes you feel more comfortable this would be a much easier option
Did she say anything else to you?
Your college sounds awful, I don't understand how it's such a big deal for you to be moved away from her it sounds so infuriating haha!
You never know to be fair, he might seem to be awful at his job but maybe he's more of a people person than your actual teacher so who knows. At the end of the day someone's gotta do something or else you'll have to take it down the bullying route and get the police involved, and I know for a fact that if moving you in a classroom makes you feel more comfortable this would be a much easier option

It’s just teachers they just make things into **** like I want to move places and that’s it
The lack of respect to mental health from people on here disgusts me.

The thing is if you call people ignorant of mental health, you really think people would wanna come to your thread. Lot of the people here are also facing mental health issues too so you have no right to say that OP, also the thing is you posted the same thing about a week ago
It’s just teachers they just make things into **** like I want to move places and that’s it

Hahaha I totally get it, I'm an introvert, wasn't necessarily treated in this way by people but I always wanted to work alone and they always forced me to work with others and never seemed to understand that either. I don't know if you've tried this already and it sounds so dumb, but try to actually show your teacher how you feel by crying about it, especially if you've been trying to hold back from doing this, because if you're being strong about it and standing up to her, she will think that it's not affected you as much as it has Showing her your true emotions will hopefully give her no option but to move you, as if she ignores a crying student how did she even get the job in the first place if you ask me
Original post by tbi_zlx
The thing is if you call people ignorant of mental health, you really think people would wanna come to your thread. Lot of the people here are also facing mental health issues too so you have no right to say that OP, also the thing is you posted the same thing about a week ago

I was saying it because everyone was ignoring my post
I was saying it because everyone was ignoring my post

A lot of posts are ignored but it doesnt mean you can say that. I know obvs you probs felt frustrated but there needs to be understanding that not everyone can help and besides probs 80% of users are in skl, college, uni, work etc
Original post by tbi_zlx
A lot of posts are ignored but it doesnt mean you can say that. I know obvs you probs felt frustrated but there needs to be understanding that not everyone can help and besides probs 80% of users are in skl, college, uni, work etc

It was just people are replying to other posts
It was just people are replying to other posts

Yeah yeah well thats probs cos your post didnt get seen or even put on spotlight
Original post by tbi_zlx
Yeah yeah well thats probs cos your post didnt get seen or even put on spotlight

I think some people are ignoring me, I have also done another thread about this topic and it’s being ignored atm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending