The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would say use a mixture of pads and tampons.

If you aren't comfortable with the idea of tampons just use a long pad and also wear shorts. Also keep track of days which your flow so you can estimate which days your flow is heavier.

With the shorts it helps create an extra layer of protection if you do leak, I suggest try rolling the shorts a bit with your underwear just giving it that extra support of moving with your underwear if that makes sense
I found making sure my underwear was the perfect size so it doesn't move around. Make sure you change regularly. I prefer pads with wings, if you are going for sanitary towels that is as it holds the pad in place and leaves no room for it to move around. If you bleed heavy, try not to put too much pressure on your bottom.
Darker colours show leakages less. Hopefully your unifrom doesn't include white trousers.
An extra pair of sborts of leggings or something help.
Reply 3
Original post by Stanza03
I would say use a mixture of pads and tampons.

If you aren't comfortable with the idea of tampons just use a long pad and also wear shorts. Also keep track of days which your flow so you can estimate which days your flow is heavier.

With the shorts it helps create an extra layer of protection if you do leak, I suggest try rolling the shorts a bit with your underwear just giving it that extra support of moving with your underwear if that makes sense

For school uniform I wear trousers.
Reply 4
I wear black school trousers for school. Also bc of coronavirus our times of break and lunch times have been staggered. So in break and lunchtime we get a little time in the bathroom. Also when I feel like I need to change it in class I have a medium sized pouch, I have 3 pads in there. How should I take the pad to the bathroom?
Original post by Anonymous
I wear black school trousers for school. Also bc of coronavirus our times of break and lunch times have been staggered. So in break and lunchtime we get a little time in the bathroom. Also when I feel like I need to change it in class I have a medium sized pouch, I have 3 pads in there. How should I take the pad to the bathroom?

Do you wear a blazer?
Reply 6
Original post by Ensoetre
Do you wear a blazer?

Yeah!
A male is now present in this thread.
Hi,

I would like to get advice on how to make sure you don't leak on periods, with school uniform?

I just don't wanna leak when I'm on my period.

I had so much anxiety about this at school and came up with so many ways to help you out

If you use tampons, double up with a heavy duty pad so that there is absolutely no chance of leakage, even if you go all day without changing (which I don't advise, but if you change just before you leave for school and straight after, you'll be fine). If you don't wear tampons, double or triple up on pads to feel more secure, and maybe even wear multiple pairs of underwear so that the blood has to soak through that before you leak onto your uniform.

Wearing a skirt is actually the most practical during your period, because, if you do leak, you can rotate your skirt around your body so that the leak is on your hip rather than your bum so that it's easier to conceal. You could always bring a spare skirt to change into at your next opportunity. Also, like someone else has said, you can wear shorts or thick tights underneath so that you can prevent leakages onto your actual uniform.

** oops! sorry I've just seen you wear trousers so half of my comment is irrelevant! I suggest tucking maybe one or two pads in your sleeves or the side of your trousers if you can so it's concealed? The black trousers will cover any leakages so if you find that you do leak, when you stand up put your pencil case or bag on your chair to cover it/sounds gross but to wipe it up so that nobody sees it until the next class

Really hope this helps you out! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ChickenMadness

Pls get out of this thread,

I don't want boys in this thread.

Lmao
Pls get out of this thread,

I don't want boys in this thread.

I am present and will not leave.
I am present and will not leave.

Hahahahahahahahaha
Yeah!

When I was in high school I remember having a big inside pocket in my blazer so when I was on my period I used to put 2 in my blazer before I left the house and 2 in my bag as like a “refill”
Original post by Ensoetre
When I was in high school I remember having a big inside pocket in my blazer so when I was on my period I used to put 2 in my blazer before I left the house and 2 in my bag as like a “refill”

Oh Okay,

Thanks for the advice! :smile:
I'd say wear multiple pads on top of each other, as much as u can bear cos it can get uncomfortable but at least it shouldn't show. I don't use tampons but if u do then use on of them as well for extra absorbance
Original post by spectrum84
I'd say wear multiple pads on top of each other, as much as u can bear cos it can get uncomfortable but at least it shouldn't show. I don't use tampons but if u do then use on of them as well for extra absorbance

Thanks!
Sorry but @CommunityStaff can u pls remove this thread.

I have got some advice and I feel like deleting this thread.

I can't edit my first post saying delete this thread.

Sorry everyone.
Sorry but @CommunityStaff can u pls remove this thread.

I have got some advice and I feel like deleting this thread.

I can't edit my first post saying delete this thread.

Sorry everyone.

It’s ok
It’s ok

Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending