The Student Room Group

Whats a movie that nobody talks about anymore?

My pick is Logan, its mental to think it only came out in 2017. I remember the hype around it when it was coming out it was all people were talking about. Im not kidding when i say i dont think ive heard anybody mention the film in the last 3 years.

Anyone remember journey to the mysterious island with the rock? I swear im the only one who likes that film.

Also batman vs superman
Moana aha maybe not as famous as the ones you mentioned lol but i absolutely loved it (as did all my friends at the time) and we were all soooooo hyped abt it for months but now everyones just like...mehh (i still love it thooo)
Reply 2
Original post by M_Zara
Moana aha maybe not as famous as the ones you mentioned lol but i absolutely loved it (as did all my friends at the time) and we were all soooooo hyped abt it for months but now everyones just like...mehh (i still love it thooo)

i never saw it but i remember it coming out, yes i havent heard many people talk about it, is that the one with all the skeleton people?
Reply 3
Original post by Bvbfan
i never saw it but i remember it coming out, yes i havent heard many people talk about it, is that the one with all the skeleton people?

sorry i was thinking of coco
Original post by Bvbfan
sorry i was thinking of coco

aha lol dw yh ive seen that too tho
Avatar feels like the least impactful movie on popular culture or movie discourse relative to its size, considering it was the highest grossing film ever made for about a decade. I've never met anyone who is anything but ambivalent towards it, it's rarely mentioned when discussing influential sci fi movies, and the 3D revolution it was expected to kick-start never made it off the ground. There are movies that are talked about less, but none that received this level of early conversation or box office success.
Frozen 2
Tbh I didn’t like it. They should’ve just kept the 1st movie and made everyone assume where Elsa got her powers because it was mysterious and exciting but now they removed it with something not so great
yeah I can't remember a single character's name from Avatar... or even what happened in it
Original post by Fionaanddonkey
yeah I can't remember a single character's name from Avatar... or even what happened in it

Yeh same but I remember watching it! I was 6 at the time and I didn’t get the movie but the visuals were pretty :biggrin:
I went into school the next day and told ppl I watched the blue cat movie and everyone was so confused
Original post by ArtmisKco
Yeh same but I remember watching it! I was 6 at the time and I didn’t get the movie but the visuals were pretty :biggrin:
I went into school the next day and told ppl I watched the blue cat movie and everyone was so confused

lol 'blue cat movie' I love it XD
I remember the bit when the blue dudes were doing an obstacle course training thing - cos I was like obsessed with obstacle courses as a kid
Original post by Bvbfan
My pick is Logan, its mental to think it only came out in 2017. I remember the hype around it when it was coming out it was all people were talking about. Im not kidding when i say i dont think ive heard anybody mention the film in the last 3 years.

Anyone remember journey to the mysterious island with the rock? I swear im the only one who likes that film.

Also batman vs superman

The same in my clique. We did not discuss about the film since the moment we were done. We came to the agreement that it was a bad superhero film, a discussion was redundant.
Reply 11
Zoolander. i know it’s an older movie but i consider it a classic. lol Donald Trump is in that movie; does anyone remember that?
Cool Hand Luke. What a film.
Matilda.
That movie was a classic (better than the boom imo).
The room

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending