The Student Room Group

Should I do it?

I have a vape device in my room right now, I have bought it but I have been having second thoughts because it actually says on the box nicotine is highly addictive. Even the vape company are saying it’s addictive I think they have to have that on by law tbf but it has made me have 2nd thoughts about it. I bought one because my mates at college had one and I thought it was cool so bought one. My parents accepted me having one because I paid myself and I’m over 18 so I’m legally allowed but still.
Don't do it.
Reply 2
Original post by Sabertooth
Don't do it.

Ok
Well it's upto you but you don't want to risk getting addicted and making a wrong choice.:s-smilie:
Reply 4
I honestly don’t see the point but it’s not a big deal if you do use. I don’t know anyone who is addicted to vaping.
Reply 5
Original post by ed98
I honestly don’t see the point but it’s not a big deal if you do use. I don’t know anyone who is addicted to vaping.

Oh
Reply 6
Original post by saji13
Well it's upto you but you don't want to risk getting addicted and making a wrong choice.:s-smilie:

Ok
Reply 7
Original post by ed98

Are you joking? Myself and all my family swapped from cigs to vaping for health reasons and vaping is way more addictive. Same nicotine but im smoking it way more as it’s convenient. Its nicotine thats addictive though. I suppose if you arent smoking then its fine but also whats the point?
The chemicals and toxins may cause serious health problems, including cancer. In 2019, an outbreak is occurring in the United States of a very serious lung disease associated with the use of vaping devices.
Cancers associated with the toxins and chemicals are:
Lung cancer.
Stomach cancer.
Bladder cancer.
Esophageal cancer.

I'm not saying it could happen but I wouldn't risk your health.
Reply 9
Vaping has never been cool it looks tacky and is a turn off for alot of people. Vaping is only good for being an alternative to ciggies so if you dont smoke everyday its not worth starting
Reply 10
Original post by Pchim
Are you joking? Myself and all my family swapped from cigs to vaping for health reasons and vaping is way more addictive. Same nicotine but im smoking it way more as it’s convenient. Its nicotine thats addictive though. I suppose if you arent smoking then its fine but also whats the point?

I suppose everyone has different experiences. I’m my circle we only vape occasionally at the pub, never felt the desire to do it any other time 🤷🏼
Vaping is cringe, get a proper cigarette if you want to smoke.
Original post by Cream Eclair
Vaping is cringe, get a proper cigarette if you want to smoke.

What?? No!
Don't do either OP :colonhash:
Why do you want to vape? If you are super keen to do it, I think there are vape liquids out there that don't contain any nicotine. Personally, I still wouldn't do it because I don't think inhaling any chemicals into your lungs is a particularly good idea, but if you are determined to start and aren't addicted to nicotine already though smoking, nicotine free vape liquid is probably the better way forward.
Reply 14
Just as addictive as cigarettes, if not more due to some of these vapes having an absolute **** tonne of nicotine in them compared to ye good ole Marlboro.

Quick Reply

Latest