The Student Room Group

Tuition Fee Assessment form for Manchester

Hi, I have recently applied to the University of Manchester and they have asked me to fill out a Tuition Fee Assessment form. I am confused by the Residency Details section of this, which states “Give all dates since birth of your periods of residence IN the UK or the EU or... or the Overseas territories“ and has a table with columns “From/To” (dates), reason for residence (e.g. holiday / living here / employment / education)”, and “Address.”

Surely they don’t want me to literally list every single place I’ve ever lived? I don’t even remember the dates I lived at some of the addresses from over a decade ago? Am I misunderstanding what they’re asking?

(Sorry if wrong forum, this is what studentroom suggested and I don’t know where else to put it).
Original post by mattbzowy
Hi, I have recently applied to the University of Manchester and they have asked me to fill out a Tuition Fee Assessment form. I am confused by the Residency Details section of this, which states “Give all dates since birth of your periods of residence IN the UK or the EU or... or the Overseas territories“ and has a table with columns “From/To” (dates), reason for residence (e.g. holiday / living here / employment / education)”, and “Address.”

Surely they don’t want me to literally list every single place I’ve ever lived? I don’t even remember the dates I lived at some of the addresses from over a decade ago? Am I misunderstanding what they’re asking?

(Sorry if wrong forum, this is what studentroom suggested and I don’t know where else to put it).

Hi, is this a form from us or from the university? Are you applying for a student loan?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, is this a form from us or from the university? Are you applying for a student loan?
Thanks, Isaac

This is a form from the university. I’m not applying for a loan yet, however they emailed me asking me to do this (probably since I was not born in the UK), and saying “but because funding arrangements differ for Home and International students, some academic departments will be unable to make a decision until your fee status is assessed. You should submit the form as soon as you can.” I’m just not sure if I’m misunderstanding what they’re asking in that question?
Original post by mattbzowy
This is a form from the university. I’m not applying for a loan yet, however they emailed me asking me to do this (probably since I was not born in the UK), and saying “but because funding arrangements differ for Home and International students, some academic departments will be unable to make a decision until your fee status is assessed. You should submit the form as soon as you can.” I’m just not sure if I’m misunderstanding what they’re asking in that question?

I advise you to speak with the university to query more about this form as it's not part of our application.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, got the same form sooo confused why because I was born in the UK, do i fill it in?
Reply 5
Original post by leenamughal111
Hi, got the same form sooo confused why because I was born in the UK, do i fill it in?

I’m not sure why - maybe if your parents aren’t from the UK or if you don’t have british citizenship? I wasn’t born in the UK so thats why I got it - or they could just be sending it to everyone? Yes, fill it in if they’ve asked you to! For the address thing I just ended up listing all of my addresses since birth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending