The Student Room Group

Should i ask her to be my girl or is it not worth it?

I have A-Levels this year and have quite a bit of work to do and need AAB but I have a crush on a girl - should I ask her to be my girlfriend this valentines day or is it not worth it?
I know she likes me as her bestie told me but I have been ignoring attention from girls due to my exams
The thing is if I did ask her how would I be able to balance a girl and my studies?
thanks - much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

If you honestly like her tell her how you feel and ask her out - If she genuinely likes you too she won’t mind that you’re gonna have to spend most of your time focusing on a levels
Reply 2
People manage uni, borderline alcoholism, social drug use, sleeping around, sleep deprivation, a breakdown a month and a part time job and still graduate with good degrees. I'm sure you can balance some A levels and a girlfriend.

The valentines day stuff is a bit cringe though, just meet up together a few times and let whatever happens happen, if she likes you back then you're sorted
Ask her out
Reply 4
Original post by A+B+C
People manage uni, borderline alcoholism, social drug use, sleeping around, sleep deprivation, a breakdown a month and a part time job and still graduate with good degrees. I'm sure you can balance some A levels and a girlfriend.

The valentines day stuff is a bit cringe though, just meet up together a few times and let whatever happens happen, if she likes you back then you're sorted

Ok then ill ask her after in mocks just before Christmas but the thing is is it worth it? like after sixth form am I ever gonna speak to her again? - surely at uni we will lose touch
Relationships take work, make time when you can around your exams, once they are over you can spend more time with them. If you like her, and she likes you, if you wait too long those feelings may change, or you might lose the opportunity.
I'd explore it now because then you might be able to build a bond before university and prevent yourselves losing touch. As long as you both understand each other's needs then you should be able to balance it.

I wouldn't wait until Valentine's Day necessarily, but that part is up to you.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Ok then ill ask her after in mocks just before Christmas but the thing is is it worth it? like after sixth form am I ever gonna speak to her again? - surely at uni we will lose touch

You only regret the opportunists you don't take. Only you know if you want a relationship. What's holding you back, you seem almost scared of the idea

Best outcome is you get a cute few months together, a good summer, someone to lose the V plates to etc

Worse case outcome is you get rejected and are back to your current situation, being single and focusing on your grades

Yes you can talk with her again at uni if you both put your minds to it
Reply 9
the thing im really debating is weather I will regret not asking the girl or maybe dropping a grade in one of my subjects more
I have A-Levels this year and have quite a bit of work to do and need AAB but I have a crush on a girl - should I ask her to be my girlfriend this valentines day or is it not worth it?
I know she likes me as her bestie told me but I have been ignoring attention from girls due to my exams
The thing is if I did ask her how would I be able to balance a girl and my studies?
thanks - much appreciated

vantines ages away

I got with my boyf in year 12. We broke up for a little while due to stress in year 13 but got back together after a few weeks. We both needed high grades - his firm was AAA, mine was A*AA. We are now second year uni, in different towns, and still together - we visit at weekends and talk all the time.

You can’t study 24/7 during A levels, you need some headspace and some emotional support. A relationship can make life easier in terms of handling stress rather than harder
the thing im really debating is weather I will regret not asking the girl or maybe dropping a grade in one of my subjects more

If you think you're beginning to lose focus on your work then you could always have a talk later down the line and say that you're sorry but the relationship is taking too much of your time. To be fair though you do need some relaxation time, so this might not be the case.
The thing is, i barely know the girl all I know about her is she is a pretty face is this dangerous???- I know more about the friend of the girl as she is more vocal and she had a crush on me. Her friend asked me out but I rejected as she had a boyfriend
The thing is, i barely know the girl all I know about her is she is a pretty face is this dangerous???- I know more about the friend of the girl as she is more vocal and she had a crush on me. Her friend asked me out but I rejected as she had a boyfriend

is she on tsr
Original post by A+B+C
You only regret the opportunists you don't take. Only you know if you want a relationship. What's holding you back, you seem almost scared of the idea

Best outcome is you get a cute few months together, a good summer, someone to lose the V plates to etc

Worse case outcome is you get rejected and are back to your current situation, being single and focusing on your grades

The thing is tbh im just really lonely after this whole COVID - so hopefully a relationship may be the solution??? -at skl, I'm seen as the lonely but attractive guy
Original post by SlytherinSoul
is she on tsr

no LOL at skl
The thing is tbh im just really lonely after this whole COVID - so hopefully a relationship may be the solution??? -at skl, I'm seen as the lonely but attractive guy

me too .......
sorry that wasn't funny
Original post by SlytherinSoul
me too .......
sorry that wasn't funny

maybe we should date in that case
maybe we should date in that case

hahah that would make you gay though (no homo )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending