The Student Room Group

College Didn't Enter me into Cambridge Admissions Exam

As the title says, I'm applying for Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences at Gonville & Caius this year and have booked with my college to sit the Natural Sciences Admissions Assessment, but received an email today informing me I've missed the deadline to book to sit the test even though I'm 100% certain I booked it beforehand? Is there any way to still sit the entrance exam through my college letting them know they literally forgot to book me in after I requested, or am I out of luck? :frown:
Reply 1
For normal GCSE/A-Level exams the first deadline isnt actually a deadline it just means 'if you book after this date you have to pay a bit more' and then the second deadline is the actual DEADLINE deadline.I don't know if this is the case for this assessment but if it is, the sooner you contact your school the better. Email them tonight right now explaining it and also saying that you will call the school tomorrow mprning (or speak in person if you are attending school normally) to ask about it and try to find some solution. If there is a 'late entrance' fee, the school should pay this. If there isnt a second deadline and its the full deadline deadline, then unfortunately there wont be much i can imagine.
Speak to your college about it. It also might be advisable to contact the college you've applied to for advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by KNW
For normal GCSE/A-Level exams the first deadline isnt actually a deadline it just means 'if you book after this date you have to pay a bit more' and then the second deadline is the actual DEADLINE deadline.I don't know if this is the case for this assessment but if it is, the sooner you contact your school the better. Email them tonight right now explaining it and also saying that you will call the school tomorrow mprning (or speak in person if you are attending school normally) to ask about it and try to find some solution. If there is a 'late entrance' fee, the school should pay this. If there isnt a second deadline and its the full deadline deadline, then unfortunately there wont be much i can imagine.

This deadline was the actual final one listed on the Cambridge website. It was actually 9 days ago but my college had only sent me an email explaining it yesterday :/
Reply 4
Original post by Z3R0S
This deadline was the actual final one listed on the Cambridge website. It was actually 9 days ago but my college had only sent me an email explaining it yesterday :/

Have you actually already applied to UoCambridge as in before the October 15th deadline?
Reply 5
Email the Cambridge college that you have chosen and explain what happened.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Z3R0S

You may be confusing people by the double use of the word College (or just me). Do you mean that your school (under 18 aged academic institution, or FE college) failed to enter you? In the Cambridge forum College is usually taken to mean Cambridge College. Did your school not enter you or did Cambridge make an administrative mistake? Who has 'explained' the situation to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending