The Student Room Group

can you punch a group of teens if they are racist or throw stone/egg at somebody?

let's say if you are walking around the street in the middle of night and you stumble a group of teens throwing stuff at someone, can you rush in and punch them even if they don't attack you first? Especially if words are meaningless to them e.g. telling them to stop won't do anything and they continue to do it.
No
Reply 2
i don't see the point of calling 999 because, by the time police came, the group would have left already. If you see something is not right and you know for sure words won't do anything. I think punching them might be the right thing to do especially if they are throwing stuff with the intention to damage. If I punch them and injured a couple of teens - would i be in jail even if i do it to prevent further damage to the vulnerable victim? If i punch then called 101 after - i think that would be the right thing to do. I don't like to sit back , watch and call 999 since it will be too late.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
i don't see the point of calling 999 because, by the time police came, the group would have left already. If you see something is not right and you know for sure words won't do anything. I think punching them might be the right thing to do especially if they are throwing stuff with the intention to damage. If I punch them and injured a couple of teens - would i be in jail even if i do it to prevent further damage to the vulnerable victim? If i punch then called 101 after - i think that would be the right thing to do. I don't like to sit back , watch and call 999 since it will be too late.

the group of teens might attack you.

once they get to about 14, a few males could handle your "average" man.

If I had to get involved i'd just tell them i'm calling police or something, and then tell them if they don't go i'm going to record them and hope they run off.

I'm a bit stronger than your average man, but still .. I probably wouldn't attack if there were 3 or more due to potential of being overrun.....
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
the group of teens might attack you.

once they get to about 14, a few males could handle your "average" man.

If I had to get involved i'd just tell them i'm calling police or something, and then tell them if they don't go i'm going to record them and hope they run off.

I'm a bit stronger than your average man, but still .. I probably wouldn't attack if there were 3 or more due to potential of being overrun.....

it's just 3 -5 teen around age 16 . I don't think the recording is an option because they are wearing hoodies and masks , skinny and run quick. I'm 21 a little bit bigger than them. There might a possible risk of getting your phone damage too. I think i would still attack because if i don't i might regret it later on.
Reply 5
It wouldnt be advisable. Beating up young people tending to go down rather poorly in the eyes of the plods. Speaking of which, they're the ones you call when witnessing a crime.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
it's just 3 -5 teen around age 16 . I don't think the recording is an option because they are wearing hoodies and masks , skinny and run quick. I'm 21 a little bit bigger than them. There might a possible risk of getting your phone damage too. I think i would still attack because if i don't i might regret it later on.

you're not going to have a hope of beating five average 16 year olds attacking you simultaneously unless you've got mike tysons build, and even then there would be a decent chance of not being able to pull it off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending