The Student Room Group

Girl is hot and cold towards me

Before I really knew this girl she seems really interested in talking to me. Now that I know her a bit she doesn't seem to show an interest in talking to me anymore, and I have to do all the work for us to speak (she was the one to approach me the first time). When I talk to her though she's really nice and speaks to me like nothing has changed, but when I walk past her she doesn't acknowledge me until I approach her first.

This is really confusing me now as she's giving me very mixed signals. I spoke to her one day and she was really nice and laughing so seems like we had a great conversation, but then I ended it with "it was nice talking to you." and as soon as she heard that she quickly turned around, so she's facing away from me, as if she didn't hear it and didn't bother replying back.

I'm just wondering why she's doing this. It's really confusing me.
I'm just going to rip the bandaid off here. She's not interested in you, she's playing with you or she might have feelings for you but she doesn't want to work on it. I know it hurts to hear, but its for the best. Find someone who like you for you. When someone likes you, there is no second guessing, downright confusion and mixed signals. You'll know if someone likes you back. Straight signals, no confusion and definitely no fighting for attention. Stop paying attention to her. No texts, calls or saying hi, nothing. She'll come running to you, after you don't even blink an eye in her direction. By then, you should know your worth is so much more and you deserve someone much better.
she could be testing you and trying to throw you off
or she could be interested when you do some things and then lose interest when you do other things

if she is talking to you then she likes you, don't get thrown off course and confused. Relax and just keep moving things forward but don't desperately try and make conversations every day or chase her if you get me. Ignore or laugh at those things she does like ignore you when you say "it was nice talking to you"
It depends. Could be that she is just testing you. But if you feel like she is refusing to talk to you then she probably doesn’t want to speak anymore.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just going to rip the bandaid off here. She's not interested in you, she's playing with you or she might have feelings for you but she doesn't want to work on it. I know it hurts to hear, but its for the best. Find someone who like you for you. When someone likes you, there is no second guessing, downright confusion and mixed signals. You'll know if someone likes you back. Straight signals, no confusion and definitely no fighting for attention. Stop paying attention to her. No texts, calls or saying hi, nothing. She'll come running to you, after you don't even blink an eye in her direction. By then, you should know your worth is so much more and you deserve someone much better.

I thought that might be the case, just seems weird how she lost interest so suddenly. She definitely showed interest before, as I did catch her looking at me from the corner of me eye, but when I looked at her she quickly looked away. Maybe something did happen for her to lose interest.
Original post by might_work
she could be testing you and trying to throw you off
or she could be interested when you do some things and then lose interest when you do other things

if she is talking to you then she likes you, don't get thrown off course and confused. Relax and just keep moving things forward but don't desperately try and make conversations every day or chase her if you get me. Ignore or laugh at those things she does like ignore you when you say "it was nice talking to you"

She showed so much interest previously (when I didn't) and now that I'm showing interest, it looks like she's not showing any interest. She is talking to me and she's really nice when I speak to her, but after the first time she doesn't initiate the conversation anymore and I have to be the one to initiate it all the time.
Original post by imaniii
It depends. Could be that she is just testing you. But if you feel like she is refusing to talk to you then she probably doesn’t want to speak anymore.

She's not refusing to talk to me, she will speak to me if I approach her but she's not the one to initiate the conversation. When I talk to her however she does smile and laugh etc. but when I say "it was nice talking to you" she couldn't turn away from me fast enough.
Original post by Anonymous
I thought that might be the case, just seems weird how she lost interest so suddenly. She definitely showed interest before, as I did catch her looking at me from the corner of me eye, but when I looked at her she quickly looked away. Maybe something did happen for her to lose interest.

She showed so much interest previously (when I didn't) and now that I'm showing interest, it looks like she's not showing any interest. She is talking to me and she's really nice when I speak to her, but after the first time she doesn't initiate the conversation anymore and I have to be the one to initiate it all the time.

She's not refusing to talk to me, she will speak to me if I approach her but she's not the one to initiate the conversation. When I talk to her however she does smile and laugh etc. but when I say "it was nice talking to you" she couldn't turn away from me fast enough.

It happens, some girls overthink things and try their best to not seem desperate. The safest option for them would be to be reserved and let you approach her and get you more invested in her. Now that might not be the case, but don't overthink things.
Reply 6
Original post by might_work
It happens, some girls overthink things and try their best to not seem desperate. The safest option for them would be to be reserved and let you approach her and get you more invested in her. Now that might not be the case, but don't overthink things.

Yeah, I'll try a bit more and see what happens. It's so confusing that she showed interest at first and then she purposely does not look at me. She used to look but now when I look in her direction I can tell she's purposely not looking at me if you see what I mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending