The Student Room Group

Exception courses - funding for second course

I am aware of potential tuition fee loans for second degrees. I am not sure if I would qualify. I have an undergraduate degree in Law and a Masters in Criminology.

Would I be able to get a part time tuition fee loan to study BSc Psychology with the Open University?

Thanks
Original post by crim121
I am aware of potential tuition fee loans for second degrees. I am not sure if I would qualify. I have an undergraduate degree in Law and a Masters in Criminology.

Would I be able to get a part time tuition fee loan to study BSc Psychology with the Open University?

Thanks

Hi, you will be eligible as long as you meet the residency criteria. Psychology is a part time exception course.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, you will be eligible as long as you meet the residency criteria. Psychology is a part time exception course.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac, thanks so much. Someone else from SFE have just told me I wouldn't qualify because I have a masters degree. Is this correct?
Original post by crim121
Hi Isaac, thanks so much. Someone else from SFE have just told me I wouldn't qualify because I have a masters degree. Is this correct?

That is not correct.

Our internal guidance states:
A student who holds a postgraduate qualification regardless of the level (Masters, PGCE, PGDip, PGCert) would still be able to access part time funding if studying a part time Honours Degree, Joint Honours Degree or Integrated Masters Degree in one of the exception subject areas.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
That is not correct.

Our internal guidance states:
A student who holds a postgraduate qualification regardless of the level (Masters, PGCE, PGDip, PGCert) would still be able to access part time funding if studying a part time Honours Degree, Joint Honours Degree or Integrated Masters Degree in one of the exception subject areas.

Thanks, Isaac

That's great thank you so much!
Original post by crim121
That's great thank you so much!

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending