The Student Room Group

Medical issue concerning eye

I need two different eye drops and I always get shouted when I go to my hospital appointments for not complying (not using). My problem is my local pharmacy always say they can give me one of the eye drops but not the other. Whenever I ask for the other eye drop they say go to the hospital. I'm under so much stress due to my studies. I feel like on my shoulder lies the world and another.
Original post by Anonymous
I need two different eye drops and I always get shouted when I go to my hospital appointments for not complying (not using). My problem is my local pharmacy always say they can give me one of the eye drops but not the other. Whenever I ask for the other eye drop they say go to the hospital. I'm under so much stress due to my studies. I feel like on my shoulder lies the world and another.

Have you told your doctor at the hospital appointments that you can't get the other prescription? They may need to write out a form that my local hospital does.
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
Have you told your doctor at the hospital appointments that you can't get the other prescription? They may need to write out a form that my local hospital does.

I'm so scareddddd :frown::frown::frown:
My local pharmacy don't like me too.... you can just tell and this has happened before so I went to my GP and told them I've already given a letter concerning the importance of my 2nd eye drop and I was able to get both eye drops for one month and then it was back to normal again where I could only get one of them :/ I honestly feel like I'm seriously losing my vision as a result
Reply 3
Please don't be scared and don't give up on asking for your second eye drop. This isn't your fault. :hugs:It will be hard to take the first step but keep trying. :smile:
I'm so scareddddd :frown::frown::frown:
My local pharmacy don't like me too.... you can just tell and this has happened before so I went to my GP and told them I've already given a letter concerning the importance of my 2nd eye drop and I was able to get both eye drops for one month and then it was back to normal again where I could only get one of them :/ I honestly feel like I'm seriously losing my vision as a result

What are you scared of? If you don't like your local pharmacy, find another one. Perhaps they don't stock those particular eye drops but another pharmacy might. If the potential result of not getting these eye drops was losing my vision, I would be doing all I can to find them!
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
What are you scared of? If you don't like your local pharmacy, find another one. Perhaps they don't stock those particular eye drops but another pharmacy might. If the potential result of not getting these eye drops was losing my vision, I would be doing all I can to find them!

I reply to you with a left eye that is in great pain and a right eye that allows me to see half of the clarity I see with my right eye. If they were not able to stock it then it would not make sense that they have been able to on some occasion get on with providing me with my eyedrops. If they were never ever able to even from the start then perhaps I would understand better.
I reply to you with a left eye that is in great pain and a right eye that allows me to see half of the clarity I see with my right eye. If they were not able to stock it then it would not make sense that they have been able to on some occasion get on with providing me with my eyedrops. If they were never ever able to even from the start then perhaps I would understand better.

maybe they ran out or there was a supply issue.
Reply 7
Original post by black tea
maybe they ran out or there was a supply issue.

That's a possibility. I have to be more firm and less naive. I'm sort of tired now. I feel like I allow people to walk all over me and take advantage of me because I grew up struggling to speak my mind. There are only so many excuses I can make. My eyelashes need to touch my screen in order for me to see and there is no exaggerating in this sentence.

Quick Reply

Latest