The Student Room Group

Nursing and Midwifery Student Bursary (NMSB)

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mussiegirl
What is this and if I apply to study Child Nursing do I get it? Is it a loan? Means tested? I looked online and I don't fully understand it.

You might find this link helpful: https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/study-and-training/considering-or-university/financial-support-university
Reply 2

I think the NMSB mussiegirl is asking about is for universities in Scotland, which would mean unfortunately they wouldn't be eligible for the funding in this list (the NHS Learning Support Fund is for uni's in England) :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
I've been looking around for you & it says:

"The Nursing and Midwifery Student Bursary (NMSB) provides financial support to eligible (Scottish domiciled) student nurses and midwives studying in Scotland. The core NMSB, which is non-means tested and non-repayable, has been set at £6,578 per year since 2009/10."

So its a bursary not a loan, you don't need to pay it back & its non-means tested. Apparently you will be eligible if you meet the three criteria: you're studying an eligible course, you've never had the NMSB funding in the past, and you meet the residency requirements.

From what I've read, it appears that this bursary is for your living costs, accommodation etc because "the Scottish Government Health Directorate (SGHD) pays tuition fees for all Scottish students on pre-registration nursing courses."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending