The Student Room Group

I need more money

Okay, I have a part-time job in a pub alongside being at sixth form. I'm losing hours due to covid-19 and I need money, like now. How can I make money without having to get another job?
Original post by lucymay08
Okay, I have a part-time job in a pub alongside being at sixth form. I'm losing hours due to covid-19 and I need money, like now. How can I make money without having to get another job?

how?

You could sell some of your things e.g. clothes, books, things you have but no longer use/want/need. If you have a skill and can make things e.g. jewellery, artwork etc. you could sell those.
if you need money urgently then borrowing from family or friends is the quickest way.
Off the top of my head-

You could make some money from selling old unwanted items online or at church etc. Find out if there is a local weekly car boot sale going on as well. You can sell stuff like books, clothes or toys. Alternatively you can sell your old games, dvd's, books, toys and clothes to family or friends for a low overall fee. Another good way to make money fast is to fill out surveys online. You can even enter a public radio or magazine competition to win a huge amount of prize money. What about a famous TV contest? If all else does not work, try entering a quiz show on telly for huge cash prizes too.
Rob a bank.
Original post by DrawTheLine
You could sell some of your things e.g. clothes, books, things you have but no longer use/want/need. If you have a skill and can make things e.g. jewellery, artwork etc. you could sell those.

I agree.
Either that or look for a other job with more hours.
You could always teach art classes to kids. Find a art studio, rent it and advertise lessons too. There are many suitable art books on the market buy some and get started. Set prices accordingly based on the current local area rates for activities for kids. Create flyers describing lessons, set up a website for people, and maintain a active Facebook page as well. Care companies are literally crying out for trustworthy people to teach art to special needs folk. I would start there and see what occurs as a result.

Dance is quite popular too, see if you can join a good dance school locally.

What about teaching kids other sports? All you really need is confidence really at the end of the day. Again advertise your teaching business properly. Charge realistic fees in relation to parental expectations etc. Find a venue. Create a trustworthy atmosphere.

Try tutoring, maybe working at a supermarket or cafe, possibly selling any unwanted items

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending