The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Had Bamford on my bench but thankfully got a few injuries so he will be subbed in.
Is this still a thing? I thought it had just quietly died out.
I have 6 injuries this week, 2 of which have popped up since the deadline yesterday.....oh well :redface:
Reply 63
Original post by Becca216
I have 6 injuries this week, 2 of which have popped up since the deadline yesterday.....oh well :redface:

Ouch just hope for the best and see if managers are all over exaggerating player injuries... How many tranfers have you got? And if you've still got wildcard/free hit worst comes to worst....
Original post by femoir
Ouch just hope for the best and see if managers are all over exaggerating player injuries... How many tranfers have you got? And if you've still got wildcard/free hit worst comes to worst....

I've got 2 transfers and haven't used my wildcard yet, so I am considering it....I have Vardy in who's on 75% chance of playing, so who knows he might play.
Reply 65
I've got 2 transfers and haven't used my wildcard yet, so I am considering it....I have Vardy in who's on 75% chance of playing, so who knows he might play.

Yeah there's a high chance he plays so guess you just have to wait and see! Good luck!!
I only have rodriguez on 75% if I take him out then i'l prob regret it hopefully he plays as by bench is quite poor
Reply 67
Original post by dj_ad_1
I only have rodriguez on 75% if I take him out then i'l prob regret it hopefully he plays as by bench is quite poor

Same i took the risk and started him since either way it was a one week injury and the risk of him starting and hauling big numbers was greater than the risk of him only coming on for like 10 mins
Original post by femoir
Same i took the risk and started him since either way it was a one week injury and the risk of him starting and hauling big numbers was greater than the risk of him only coming on for like 10 mins

Yeah i initially had him on captain as he wasn't injured during the game. But then yesterday I changed it to son as I realized he might not be playing this week. I was thinking of having DCL as captain but then id rather have a midfielder as captain than striker because if I midfielder scores you get more points.
Reply 69
Original post by dj_ad_1
Yeah i initially had him on captain as he wasn't injured during the game. But then yesterday I changed it to son as I realized he might not be playing this week. I was thinking of having DCL as captain but then id rather have a midfielder as captain than striker because if I midfielder scores you get more points.

Exactly midfielder captains ftw! Unless you have Kane which i don't... Yesterday was a roller coaster since i found out he was injured a few days ago but then the manger just decided to say he's definitely going to play so i kept him in but not expecting much since my first bench blanked anyways so if he plays for 0-10 mins it won't hurt to much but if he plays 60 i'm hoping for his best!
Original post by dj_ad_1

I've never understood this rule, like yes midfielders are generally less likely to score goals but some more natural strikers are listed as midfielders.....I'm not complaining though as I have Son as my captain and he's down as a midfielder
Reply 71
I've never understood this rule, like yes midfielders are generally less likely to score goals but some more natural strikers are listed as midfielders.....I'm not complaining though as I have Son as my captain and he's down as a midfielder

Normally this is because they played as midfielders/ just filled in the role and did what they do for the previous season but yeah depending on different manager tactics and formations it'll probably change next year again like it did this year for a lot of players. But either way must be nice having son as a midfielder can't relate XD
Original post by femoir
Exactly midfielder captains ftw! Unless you have Kane which i don't... Yesterday was a roller coaster since i found out he was injured a few days ago but then the manger just decided to say he's definitely going to play so i kept him in but not expecting much since my first bench blanked anyways so if he plays for 0-10 mins it won't hurt to much but if he plays 60 i'm hoping for his best!

Yeah i have son and kane lol. I took out vardy cos he's not doing much this season. Yeah hopefully he plays at least 30 mins as I think it would be a good game everton vs Southampton especially with ings inform. As a Liverpool supporter, I don't have any of their players as they don't score as often or don't get much clean cheats either.

Yeah like initially when FPL started firmino was classed as a midfielder and now he's obvs a striker. I think FPL is similar to Fifa so your only a forward on FPL if your a CF, ST, LF or RF on Fifa. If your a CAM, CM, CDM, LM, RM, LW, RW then your a midfielder.
Reply 74
Original post by dj_ad_1
Yeah i have son and kane lol. I took out vardy cos he's not doing much this season. Yeah hopefully he plays at least 30 mins as I think it would be a good game everton vs Southampton especially with ings inform. As a Liverpool supporter, I don't have any of their players as they don't score as often or don't get much clean cheats either.

Ings vs Kane was fun to watch last time so big expectations again for me :smile:
Original post by femoir
Ings vs Kane was fun to watch last time so big expectations again for me :smile:

Haha yeah same for auba and salah
Team value has already dropped below 99mil

FML :frown:
Reply 77
Original post by Zerforax
Team value has already dropped below 99mil

FML :frown:

That was me ages ago dw about it! You know why you chose the players you've got for now and future game weeks and if you really need an extra player you'll make funds no matter how much so take it slow and steady :smile:
Had to use my wildcard as I had too many injuries, hopefully my captain picks pay off and I don't end up subbing the guys who end up performing well in the gameweek.
I used my wildcard the gameweek after the recent international break and I got 80 points so it paid off. I'm going to use free hit when the cup starts as I feel like that's the best time to do it.

Latest