The Student Room Group

CIFAS Marker, Need some advice

I got a CIFAS Marker for misuse of facility. Basically my phone and wallet were stolen by a friend of a friend. They basically did fraud on a N26 current account that I had for a about a month and now N26 have put a misuse of facility CIFA's marker on my name and I can't build up my credit. I already have a prepaid card. Its has been 1 year and 1 month since the marker was issued and I haven't contacted N26 due to not knowing I had a marker until recently. I know I most likely have to live with it until I'm 24 but can I possibly remove it by appealing or complaining everyday?
Original post by Mustafa1991
I got a CIFAS Marker for misuse of facility. Basically my phone and wallet were stolen by a friend of a friend. They basically did fraud on a N26 current account that I had for a about a month and now N26 have put a misuse of facility CIFA's marker on my name and I can't build up my credit. I already have a prepaid card. Its has been 1 year and 1 month since the marker was issued and I haven't contacted N26 due to not knowing I had a marker until recently. I know I most likely have to live with it until I'm 24 but can I possibly remove it by appealing or complaining everyday?

On what basis would you appeal or complain?
Did you report your friend of a friend to the police for stealing your wallet?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
On what basis would you appeal or complain?
Did you report your friend of a friend to the police for stealing your wallet?

I couldn't report the lad, he lived outside of my city and I didn't haven't any real information on him. I only know his nickname and can make a very basic description. The basis of my appeal is that it wasn't me who committed the fraud. I heard making complaints can lead to them actually removing the marker. Not getting my hopes up as I am prepared to live with this mistake
(edited 3 years ago)
I couldn't report the lad, he lived outside of my city and I didn't haven't any real information on him. I only know his nickname and can make a very basic description. The basis of my appeal is that it wasn't me who committed the fraud. I heard making complaints can lead to them actually removing the marker. Not getting my hopes up as I am prepared to live with this mistake

Did you report him to the police at the time?
Did you report your friend as well?

If not, then why not?

The marker will only be removed if they have a genuine reason to believe that you played no part in the fraud. I am not seeing anything to say this isnt the case.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Did you report him to the police at the time?
Did you report your friend as well?

If not, then why not?

The marker will only be removed if they have a genuine reason to believe that you played no part in the fraud. I am not seeing anything to say this isnt the case.

It had nothing to do with my friend, I know I should have reported the lad to the police but with the limited information I thought it would be a waste of time. I have to atleast try calling N26 and explain my situation
It had nothing to do with my friend, I know I should have reported the lad to the police but with the limited information I thought it would be a waste of time. I have to atleast try calling N26 and explain my situation

Doubt they would care as you didnt report it, which are the actions one would expect of someone in your situation and you have no evidence. That means somehow mysteriously they got all your bank details, but you know them well enough to blame but not well enough to identify or explain. How can they take that seriously? As far as they are concerned an account linked to you is a liability and security risk hence they cut you off. I wouldnt be optimistic.
Reply 6
Doubt they would care as you didnt report it, which are the actions one would expect of someone in your situation and you have no evidence. That means somehow mysteriously they got all your bank details, but you know them well enough to blame but not well enough to identify or explain. How can they take that seriously? As far as they are concerned an account linked to you is a liability and security risk hence they cut you off. I wouldnt be optimistic.

Your right, I should have reported it and that would have probably got my marker removed if I did. They got access to my phone and had my bank card. I’m going to call N26 and just plea with them. Not expecting anything
Reply 7
Why have you created a new account to ask the same question you did several months ago?
Honestly, don't waste the banks time. You've essentially declined/refused to allow any investigation to prove it wasn't you, so you get the rap for it, they wouldn't revisit the issue after this long anyway.
Reply 9
Original post by IWMTom
Why have you created a new account to ask the same question you did several months ago?

What do you mean? I didn’t do that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending