The Student Room Group

Has Anyone Received Any University Offers Yet? Specifically for Psychology.

I have applied for psychology on the 08/10/20 at the following universities:
-Bristol
-Bath
-Cambridge
-St Andrews
-Lancaster

GCSE Results: 999888776
A-level Predictions: A*A*A* in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology

I have been put on hold at Bristol and haven't heard anything from the other universities (accept from acknowledgements and Cambridge's SAQ).

Should I be worried? It has been 16 days since I have applied and I haven't gotten any offers or rejections and lots of people seem to have at least one during this period. I know 16 days is a short period of time and it takes unis ages to judge each applicant fairly, but I am just feeling a bit worried aha

Has anyone got any offers within about 2 weeks of applying or is anyone else in the same boat as me? aha
Hey. I've applied to Cambridge, York, Sheffield and Lancaster for psychology and only had an offer for York so far. Anxious times haha
Competitive courses (RG or not) will usually be slower to begin making offers. You needn’t be worried regardless of whether other people start receiving decisions as you are still being considered until you hear otherwise.
Original post by Chlzrijas
It has been 16 days since I have applied and I haven't gotten any offers or rejections

You do realise you could wait months for an offer/rejection? Universities have until April before they have to make a decision.

Top Unis take their time. Yes, other people get offers, but probably not for the course/Unis you have applied for, and even if they do, who cares. So long as you have not been rejected, you are still in with a chance. Stop endlessly checking Track, it'll drive you nuts.
Reply 4
Original post by sikeologist
Hey. I've applied to Cambridge, York, Sheffield and Lancaster for psychology and only had an offer for York so far. Anxious times haha

Hey!! Congrats on your offer for York!!! :smile: What A-levels do you do?
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Competitive courses (RG or not) will usually be slower to begin making offers. You needn’t be worried regardless of whether other people start receiving decisions as you are still being considered until you hear otherwise.

Okay, thank you very much!! :smile: I need to put myself into the mindset that I still have a chance until I hear otherwise!
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
You do realise you could wait months for an offer/rejection? Universities have until April before they have to make a decision.

Top Unis take their time. Yes, other people get offers, but probably not for the course/Unis you have applied for, and even if they do, who cares. So long as you have not been rejected, you are still in with a chance. Stop endlessly checking Track, it'll drive you nuts.

Yeah, I do know that I could be waiting months for the outcome of my application. I guess I was expecting to hear sooner of the outcome if universities are looking at applications as they don't have as many applications now compared to January.

Yeah, I need to have that mindset that I still have a chance :smile: Haha, you have predicted right that I am endlessly checking track! However, I have been checking it less recently!
Original post by sikeologist

i’ve applied to QMUL, oxford, UCL, notts and warwick and only heard from QMUL (i got a contextual for my ps)
Original post by Chlzrijas
I guess I was expecting to hear sooner of the outcome if universities are looking at applications as they don't have as many applications now compared to January.

Applications may not get an immediate decision as soon as the application arrives. So when you apply doesnt mean you'll get a faster/slower offer. In my experience, the bulk of 'good' applications usually arrive just after half-term,

Some courses/Unis deliberately wait until they have a 'gathered field' after the Jan deadline and consider all applications together. Some make offers/rejections to applicants as soon as they get the application. Others will have an offer threshold that means they only make initial offers to high scorers, and everyone has to wait until they see how many of those earlier offers go Firm. Etc etc. There are a hundred different scenarios. So, essentially, dont anticipate an immediate answer, and if you do get a fast offer that also doesn't necessarily mean anything significant.

Quick Reply