The Student Room Group

a level chemistry

hi
im choosing my a levels atm and I'm deciding between chem, bio and physics. pretty neutral for all of them, but Ive heard chemistry is awful. any first hand experiences, which one would be the best?
wanna study economics at uni
the best thing to do when it comes to choosing a levels is really to pick based on what you personally enjoy and would have enough motivation to revise - i enjoy my subjects but can hardly bring myself to revise them so I can't imagine what I'd be like if I didn't care about them! sure chemistry is notoriously a 'hard a level', but equally biology is content heavy and you need to be very specific about your answers, and physics is equally as difficult. personally I only take biology and I find it so fascinating, but ultimately it's your choice
Reply 2
personally i really like chemistry and actually find it easier than biology, even though i like learning biology more. different people find different things difficult so its hard for an outsider to suggest what you should do, pick what you find interesting because it's much easier to motivate yourself to study when you like your subject. i know you said that you were neutral about all your choices, but have a think back to gcse and how much you liked attending the lessons and what topics you wanted to learn more about.
Original post by blobfish123
hi
im choosing my a levels atm and I'm deciding between chem, bio and physics. pretty neutral for all of them, but Ive heard chemistry is awful. any first hand experiences, which one would be the best?
wanna study economics at uni

I personally prefer chemistry to bio purely due to how content heavy bio is! Tbh no matter what subject, all a levels are hard to some extent. I do enjoy chemistry though..it's more a case of if you'd enjoy the subject, not how good you are at it - if you enjoy it enough, you'd enjoy learning more about the subject. What are your favourite things about each subject?
ok cool thanks- everyone has such different opinions! I don't really know, I think I find chem a lot more confusing atm and get worse results compared to biology. idk but I feel like chemistry sounds better and would be more useful. also I hate questions on practicals

Quick Reply

Latest