The Student Room Group

Uni options

I have been predicted A*A*A* (eng lit, History, RS) with average GCSES (some 9s 7s etc)
I've applied to:
Bristol
Glasgow
Kings
Leeds and
Oxford (already applied)
I was wondering if I'm aiming in the right direction (as in my chances of getting a place)
Also, are there any recs for swapping some out for others?
I am looking to study Law
Hard to tell as four of your choices are LNAT Unis and therefore grades are not everything.
For Bristol, applications are scored as GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%. and that includes an individual score for the LNAT essay. So it will all hang on your LNAT performance in comparison to other people's scores.

Leeds is AAA. How confident of those A*s are you?
Original post by Meena2121
I have been predicted A*A*A* (eng lit, History, RS) with average GCSES (some 9s 7s etc)
I've applied to:
Bristol
Glasgow
Kings
Leeds and
Oxford (already applied)
I was wondering if I'm aiming in the right direction (as in my chances of getting a place)
Also, are there any recs for swapping some out for others?
I am looking to study Law

If applying to Oxford make sure you think you have a good chance of getting an offer. I did not get an offer but put so much time into my Oxford application that My A*A*A*A that i was predicted at the start of year 13 ended up becoming A*AAA.
Original post by _alex_ewing_
My A*A*A*A that i was predicted at the start of year 13 ended up becoming A*AAA.

Which is as good illustration as you can get as to why you shouldn't do 4 A levels.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Hard to tell as four of your choices are LNAT Unis and therefore grades are not everything.
For Bristol, applications are scored as GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%. and that includes an individual score for the LNAT essay. So it will all hang on your LNAT performance in comparison to other people's scores.

Leeds is AAA. How confident of those A*s are you?

I'm pretty confident (albeit maybe one grade down for RS), and you're right about the LNAT. I'm just super unsure about it however as I have no idea how I've done (I'm confident in my essay, unsure about how my MCQ went). I guess I'll just have to bear my nerves for now until Feb
Reply 5
Original post by _alex_ewing_
If applying to Oxford make sure you think you have a good chance of getting an offer. I did not get an offer but put so much time into my Oxford application that My A*A*A*A that i was predicted at the start of year 13 ended up becoming A*AAA.

I'm really just hoping haha, thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending