The Student Room Group

SFE- loans

I got this message below and it mentions myn finance for this year

'You applied for student finance based on your household income but we've identified we now need evidence from your father. We've contacted them separately to ask for financial evidence.

What this means for you

We've had to change your student finance for this year. You'll get a Tuition Fee Loan and only the basic rate of Maintenance Loan.

Log into your account at www.gov.uk/student-finance to view your updated student finance. We've also sent you a letter which shows this.

What you need to do

You need to get your father to send us what we need. Once we have acceptable evidence you'll get student finance based on your household income.'

I have already sent in my evidences and went through a long process. I just received my loans also. It hasn't changed on my account yet- and so don't even know what evidences they want. When I do send the evidences, will I go back to the original maintenance loan amount I chose? What is the basic rate maintenance loan?
Original post by ohlittlegarden
I got this message below and it mentions myn finance for this year

'You applied for student finance based on your household income but we've identified we now need evidence from your father. We've contacted them separately to ask for financial evidence.

What this means for you

We've had to change your student finance for this year. You'll get a Tuition Fee Loan and only the basic rate of Maintenance Loan.

Log into your account at www.gov.uk/student-finance to view your updated student finance. We've also sent you a letter which shows this.

What you need to do

You need to get your father to send us what we need. Once we have acceptable evidence you'll get student finance based on your household income.'

I have already sent in my evidences and went through a long process. I just received my loans also. It hasn't changed on my account yet- and so don't even know what evidences they want. When I do send the evidences, will I go back to the original maintenance loan amount I chose? What is the basic rate maintenance loan?

Hi, you can view the basic figure here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1750/financial-memorandum-for-202021-v2.pdf

It will most likely be financial or marital evidence required. You can ask your dad to contact us and we can review his account to see what is required. Please allow 6-8 weeks for evidence to be reviewed once we receive it.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, you can view the basic figure here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/media/1750/financial-memorandum-for-202021-v2.pdf

It will most likely be financial or marital evidence required. You can ask your dad to contact us and we can review his account to see what is required. Please allow 6-8 weeks for evidence to be reviewed once we receive it.
Thanks, Isaac

My loan has now decreased and I do not understand why. I went through a lengthy process with SFE and I don't understand why this is happening. It'll be a while until I can call them as I want to get this sorted asap. I will struggle with the current financial change.

Will my Dad have to contact you- he'll require a French translator to speak to you. Once the necessary evidence is sent and approved, will I have my original loan that I originally requested?
My loan has now decreased and I do not understand why. I went through a lengthy process with SFE and I don't understand why this is happening. It'll be a while until I can call them as I want to get this sorted asap. I will struggle with the current financial change.

Will my Dad have to contact you- he'll require a French translator to speak to you. Once the necessary evidence is sent and approved, will I have my original loan that I originally requested?

Your funding should have been reduced to the basic amount until we receive the required evidence.
Your dad should of received an email.

Your dad can message us on Facebook/Twitter if it's easier and he can use google translate or you can assist him.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Your funding should have been reduced to the basic amount until we receive the required evidence.
Your dad should of received an email.

Your dad can message us on Facebook/Twitter if it's easier and he can use google translate or you can assist him.
Thanks, Isaac

My dad has uploaded his financial evidence on student finance. What happens next? Do i wait 6 weeks until I find out the response?
My dad has uploaded his financial evidence on student finance. What happens next? Do i wait 6 weeks until I find out the response?

Yes please wait 6-8 weeks.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending