The Student Room Group

Rotations in f1 and f2?

This question probably doesn't make sense but I've always wondered if you can stay in the same city for F1 AND F2 or do you get moved around? How does it work like how likely are you to stay in the same city. Sorry :/
Reply 1
Original post by future_11
This question probably doesn't make sense but I've always wondered if you can stay in the same city for F1 AND F2 or do you get moved around? How does it work like how likely are you to stay in the same city. Sorry :/

It's possible in some places but not others. All the London schools involve a move, but back in my day there were a few jobs in Oxford and Eastern deaneries that were in the same place for two years. I haven't really looked at other places, and am not sure if this is still the case though!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by future_11

It may be possible but there isn't a universal policy I'm afraid - these things vary a lot by region and the rules change every few years.
There's this idea that its good for training to spend time in different hospitals. So vast majority move yes.

I personally think that is outweighed by huge disruption to trainees lives including high prevalence of dangerous post-night commutes (bad for trainee), loss of sense of belonging/commitment to hospitals (bad for hospital), and horrible changeovers especially in August (bad for patients). Other countries don't do it. But we aren't other countries and I'm not in charge, so.
Reply 4
I think it tells you on Oriel which hospitals the rotations are based in. So you could rank jobs higher that specify a single hospital for all the rotations?
Also they sometimes go to people with special circumstances e.g. carer status. So if that's applicable to you, that's great, but if not, even less likely to get them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending