The Student Room Group

Personal statement- general advice please!

So I'm applying to this pathways to medicine program and there is a section on the application where I am supposed to write a mini personal statement:

Please give a brief personal statement (of no more than 300 words) explaining your suitability for the programme and why you would like to participate
Please include information on why you would like to study the subject that you have chosen, what you feel you would bring to the programme, and what you feel you would get out of it
Could I get some help on this?/ perhaps a few examples too? I totally know why i want to participate and kind of know what I want to get out of it, but am not too sure about the other question
Reply 2
Is this for the Sutton Trust?
I applied for their Pathways To Law programme and talked about why the subject interests me; relevant books I’ve read; how I think the programme can benefit my future in Law, etc.
Reply 3
Original post by revert2
Is this for the Sutton Trust?
I applied for their Pathways To Law programme and talked about why the subject interests me; relevant books I’ve read; how I think the programme can benefit my future in Law, etc.

Yes!
I really want to get the statement part right- I reckon they will put a considerable weighting on it when deciding on successful applications. revert, would you mind if we read each other's statements? Don't worry, mines for the medicine course at nottingham, not law :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah, true. That just crossed my mind too. Thank you for recommending the program- ill look into it!
Reply 5
Original post by coolchem
Yes!
I really want to get the statement part right- I reckon they will put a considerable weighting on it when deciding on successful applications. revert, would you mind if we read each other's statements? Don't worry, mines for the medicine course at nottingham, not law :smile:

Are you able to share anything. I’m applying for the medicine pathway.
Reply 6
Original post by coolchem
Yes!

I’m applying for the medicine and would appreciate any pointers

Quick Reply