The Student Room Group

They think I'm weird :(

My friends think in weird because I'm white and I like Asian guys, but this has never come across as a problem too me.

They say an Asian guy would never get
with me as I'm a while girl like me (I have long brunette hair, eyes that change colour, I'm 5'1 1/2, with what is described as a quiet but loving personality).

Should I take offence to what they are saying and stick up for myself or should I believe what they are saying?

Scroll to see replies

What type of Asian guy? South East asian or North east asian?
Who cares what they think
be confident in yourself
It’s up to you who you like and up to them who they find weird. I don’t think there’s too much conflict with these two
It doesn't matter.
who you’re attracted to doesn’t make you weird, unless you’re a pedophile or something
Asian guys tend to put white girls on a pedastol so they for sure would get with you, it's only if the family are steeped in culture from their home country then they may have a problem, so just check out what his family are like. And do you mean Indian Asian or more like Chinese Asian?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
My friends think in weird because I'm white and I like Asian guys, but this has never come across as a problem too me.

with me as I'm a while girl like me (I have long brunette hair, eyes that change colour, I'm 5'1 1/2, with what is described as a quiet but loving personality).

Should I take offence to what they are saying and stick up for myself or should I believe what they are saying?

Your friends are morons, ignore them.
Reply 8
Original post by chopingirl
Asian guys tend to put white girls on a pedastol so they for sure would get with you, it's only if the family are steeped in culture from their home country then they may have a problem, so just check out what his family are like. And do you mean Indian Asian or more like Chinese Asian?

Who tf hurt you. Or is this like a cultural thing (putting white girls on a pedestal I mean)?
Original post by Ray3RE
Who tf hurt you. Or is this like a cultural thing (putting white girls on a pedestal I mean)?

I dont know why they worship white girls so much, but many of them do from what I've seen...I dont see what's wrong with saying that
Reply 10
I dont know why they worship white girls so much, but many of them do from what I've seen...I dont see what's wrong with saying that

I wasn't saying there was anything wrong, just wanted to see where you were coming from, you almost definitely will know more about it than I do, I was just curious.

More like Chinese Asian
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
who you’re attracted to doesn’t make you weird, unless you’re a pedophile or something

hhahah im in stitches lol

with me as I'm a while girl
like me (I have long brunette hair, eyes that change colour, I'm 5'1 1/2, with what is described as a quiet but loving personality).

I'm asian and like white girls. That very limited description of yourself would be me type (I don't have a super specific type though).
Your going to make an Asian guys dream come true! I’ve met so many who are nuts for white girls, but often feel that they get overlooked.

Anyway, don’t listen to your friends, I have a family member who is married to an Asian man, has two lovely kids and a very happy life. Imagine if she had been put off because someone called what she liked weird, she would have missed out on so much.

Plus in some Asian cultures, notably chinese, it’s customary for the mans family to provide a house when their son gets married (at least where I am in China) so there’s a nice plus to it!
(edited 3 years ago)

what do you mean "eyes that change colour"? :laugh:
I think you should stand up for yourself. They’re obviously not being very supportive if they’re putting you down like that
Original post by Mr T 999
What type of Asian guy? South East asian or North east asian?

Does that really matter
Original post by vix.xvi
Who cares what they think
be confident in yourself

100% like dont let anyone get you down

YOu should defo stick up for yourself it doesnt make a difference who you like
Your friends sound immature, there is nothing wrong with liking Asian guys, I'm sure some of them would be willing to date a white person. Next thing you friends will be saying is a white and black couple can't work out, but there are fine examples to prove otherwise. Tell your friends to look up interracial dating.
Original post by pineapplepink
what do you mean "eyes that change colour"? :laugh:

She's an alien lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending