The Student Room Group

Tips for year 10 mocks?

Any study/revision tips for year 10 mocks?
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

If you are mocks are like in a week then I would advice you to go over the topics that you are not very sure on.
For revision/ making revision resources:
Maths: practice questions (hegarty/methodmaths/maths and physics tutor) and learning equations and how to re arrange equations
English: practise writing essays and learning qoutes, also reading stories and articles can help when it come to you english language exam
Sciences: make flash cards for content and learn it, and do past papers, don't rely just on the text book (if you are aiming for top grades), use mark scheme and learn the answers their (especially for biology because they are so picky in bio) and learning equations and how to re arrange equations

What other subjects are you doing (if you need help with revision)
it's not the end of the world if you don't get 9s there is time to improve
To repeat what I have said about all those asking for exam tips- keep up a pattern of a good night's sleep. No late nights for revision or anything else. Catch up tv can be your friend.
Original post by Gracetoameh
If you are mocks are like in a week then I would advice you to go over the topics that you are not very sure on.
For revision/ making revision resources:
Maths: practice questions (hegarty/methodmaths/maths and physics tutor) and learning equations and how to re arrange equations
English: practise writing essays and learning qoutes, also reading stories and articles can help when it come to you english language exam
Sciences: make flash cards for content and learn it, and do past papers, don't rely just on the text book (if you are aiming for top grades), use mark scheme and learn the answers their (especially for biology because they are so picky in bio) and learning equations and how to re arrange equations

What other subjects are you doing (if you need help with revision)

Thank you so much! This is so helpful!:heart:
I am also taking history and french. :smile:
Original post by josie71202
it's not the end of the world if you don't get 9s there is time to improve

Okay thank you! :smile:
Original post by barnetlad
To repeat what I have said about all those asking for exam tips- keep up a pattern of a good night's sleep. No late nights for revision or anything else. Catch up tv can be your friend.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 7
Make your revision from the specification. Learn the spec to get full marks on 6 markers.
Learning the spec makes it easier to know what the examiner wants to see.
Original post by gold_m
Make your revision from the specification. Learn the spec to get full marks on 6 markers.
Learning the spec makes it easier to know what the examiner wants to see.

Okay, thank you so much, this is really helpful!:^_^::heart:
Okay thank you!- but don't revise for them??
When you get into the exam:

1. Go through the paper and answer all of them that you are sure on.
2. Go through the paper and answer the ones that have come to you.
3. Go through the paper and guess! Write down the bits that are linked to the question (it can get you some marks!).
Original post by 15977emily
When you get into the exam:

1. Go through the paper and answer all of them that you are sure on.
2. Go through the paper and answer the ones that have come to you.
3. Go through the paper and guess! Write down the bits that are linked to the question (it can get you some marks!).

Thank you so much, this is so useful!:heart::smile:
Ohh, okay it's finee! Thank you!:heart:
Original post by Reyaa_study.x

I haven't done history so I can tell you much about it but from other people's experiences, you need to learn dates and like the case studies very well and learn the exam structure too.

For languages in general you just need to practise (use Duolingo or quizlet to make flashcards of all the vocab you need- ask your teacher for the vocab, and be familiar with the grammar)
btw the announced last year that they want to make french exams easier!
Okay thank youuu!
These tips are so useful!
:heart:
Reply 15
For languages, check the exam board page and you can find a glossary of words you need to learn.
For history, learn cause and effects in chronological order and know your key terms by heart.
But practice papers are key!!!
Okay, thank you so much for the tips!:heart::smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Reyaa_study.x

for history, if you have a page of notes for a sub-topic, try to condense the info into a flashcard with alot less words - just the important or "trigger words", you can then read through the cards and test yourself to see if you remember all the important dates, events, figures, names etc.
Original post by pkaur027
for history, if you have a page of notes for a sub-topic, try to condense the info into a flashcard with alot less words - just the important or "trigger words", you can then read through the cards and test yourself to see if you remember all the important dates, events, figures, names etc.

Thank youu!:smile:
Thank youu!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending