The Student Room Group

DWP work coaches (North West - Cheshire)

A thread for any new starters or people who have applied for the DWP work coach 12 FTC in Cheshire.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by EvanneTomo
A thread for any new starters or people who have applied for the DWP work coach 12 FTC in Cheshire.

Hello, I’m currently 13 days from submitting my PEC for Cheshire and a September candidate.
I’ve applied for cheshire too. My checks completed at the end of September as I’m internal but heard nothing. Contacted the chat and they said my application is with the offers team.
Reply 3
Original post by Howdy100
Hello, I’m currently 13 days from submitting my PEC for Cheshire and a September candidate.

hi :smile:. Same for me. Did my pre employment check details about two weeks ago. My first options were Warrington and Northwich. But not sure which one I will get yet. Do you know what our start date will be for September applications?
Reply 4
hi :smile:. Same for me. Did my pre employment check details about two weeks ago. My first options were Warrington and Northwich. But not sure which one I will get yet. Do you know what our start date will be for September applications?

After seeing some of the dreadful news on the other posts I really don’t know, possibly January for us September candidates but I really don’t know, I’ve put Winsford, Northwich, Crewe, Chester and Warrington for my choices but I really don’t mind which one, I just hope I don’t end up on the reserve list
After seeing some of the dreadful news on the other posts I really don’t know, possibly January for us September candidates but I really don’t know, I’ve put Winsford, Northwich, Crewe, Chester and Warrington for my choices but I really don’t mind which one, I just hope I don’t end up on the reserve list

Feeling exactly the same as you. Worried about a reserve list and or no positions being available. Just wondering what does your portal say at the moment?
Reply 6
Original post by Hey2000
Feeling exactly the same as you. Worried about a reserve list and or no positions being available. Just wondering what does your portal say at the moment?

It still says “Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks. If we require additional information from yourself with regards to the above we will advise you of this and request you provide the additional information.”
I know they have contacted my personal reference, but not sure on my past employers, I haven’t had a health document form yet either, what about yours?
Reply 7

I was worried too about other threads. Jan seems a long way off! How do you know if your on the reserve list? All I know is that I have a provisional offer
It still says “Your application is currently going through pre-employment checks. If we require additional information from yourself with regards to the above we will advise you of this and request you provide the additional information.”
I know they have contacted my personal reference, but not sure on my past employers, I haven’t had a health document form yet either, what about yours?

It says:

We shall be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.

It’s said this since the end of September. I haven’t had to go through checks though, as I’m DWP. I’ve had no health documentation either and my manager hasn’t heard anything. It’s just like a big black hole!
I was worried too about other threads. Jan seems a long way off! How do you know if your on the reserve list? All I know is that I have a provisional offer

I was told on Thursday if you are on the reserve list they will send you an email and your status should change shortly after.
Reply 10
Original post by Hey2000
I was told on Thursday if you are on the reserve list they will send you an email and your status should change shortly after.

Ah okey. Not had that yet. Been waiting two weeks for my checks. Fingers crossed I’m not on that list
Reply 11

My previous boss has been contacted as I asked him , not sure about my manger before that. Had the health assessment as they rang me to ask more questions etc. I’m hoping this is a good sign? But from previous posts I’m worried now
Ah okey. Not had that yet. Been waiting two weeks for my checks. Fingers crossed I’m not on that list

I don’t think they have even looked allocating positions from the September candidates yet in some areas- and Cheshire is one of them. I hope anyway. When they really look at the numbers and candidates that’s when we should hear something further.
Cheshire also here. I don’t think any references have been contacted yet. Submitted 16th and just says in pre employment checks. Same fears here about reserve 😐
Original post by Pumpkin10
Cheshire also here. I don’t think any references have been contacted yet. Submitted 16th and just says in pre employment checks. Same fears here about reserve 😐

I’m just going to stay positive, I don’t think they have started with the Cheshire positions for September yet as I have been following all the threads, I’m still excited for the role and think they will get to us but possibly looking at the cities that have the highest number of people that are needing support, fingers crossed
I’m just going to stay positive, I don’t think they have started with the Cheshire positions for September yet as I have been following all the threads, I’m still excited for the role and think they will get to us but possibly looking at the cities that have the highest number of people that are needing support, fingers crossed

Yes I think that’s it. Have to stay positive, my partner is an EO within DWP currently and she started from a AO reserve list and got a temp position and now is a permanent EO so I know they do use the reserves anyway. Here’s hoping we all get some positive news 🤞🤞
I applied for Cheshire as well along with 2 other locations. I have been offered one of the others and was told Cheshire will contact me when they start allocating. It should not be long now. I will be withdrawing from Cheshire though as I already have firm offer and start date for the other.
Original post by adetayo_tp
I applied for Cheshire as well along with 2 other locations. I have been offered one of the others and was told Cheshire will contact me when they start allocating. It should not be long now. I will be withdrawing from Cheshire though as I already have firm offer and start date for the other.

Which region did you have the start date for?
Original post by Hey2000
Which region did you have the start date for?

Staffordshire and Derbyshire. Got called twice. Offering 2 different start dates
Original post by adetayo_tp
Staffordshire and Derbyshire. Got called twice. Offering 2 different start dates

Just out of interest- what does your portal say now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending