The Student Room Group

Dating a bisexual girl - advice...

Me and this girl have started dating the last couple of weeks, we have really hit it off and I'm really happy with how things are going.

We knew each other before [she serves in a restaurant I go in very regularly] but on our first date, she told a story which basically encouraged me to ask about her sexuality. When I did, I was told she was bisexual.

I've only ever been with straight partners myself so it's a bit new to me...I want this to work, but I keep getting sort of jealous and insecure feelings and wondering if she prefers women to men and if she will feel an urge if she misses sleeping with women if we begin a relationship.

Does anyone have any advice? I really want to move past feeling like this.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Me and this girl have started dating the last couple of weeks, we have really hit it off and I'm really happy with how things are going.

We knew each other before [she serves in a restaurant I go in very regularly] but on our first date, she told a story which basically encouraged me to ask about her sexuality. When I did, I was told she was bisexual.

I've only ever been with straight partners myself so it's a bit new to me...I want this to work, but I keep getting sort of jealous and insecure feelings and wondering if she prefers women to men and if she will feel an urge if she misses sleeping with women if we begin a relationship.

It'll be no different to your relationships with straight partners - you can trust her to be faithful just as much as you trust anyone, and she has chosen to date you so she knows what she's signing up for.

When my ex-boyfriend found out I was bi he instantly told me he thought he'd never be good enough and I'd go and look for something more eventually, and essentially told me I'd cheat on him... The fact he thought that little of my character really sent me down a dark spiral, so please be careful in what you say while you process this new thing :smile: Conversation is healthy, blame and unfounded criticism is not
If she cheats on you with a girl, she'd have cheated on you with a man as well- in the sense that the morals are the same. I feel like its less about preferring one gender to another and more about wanting to date YOU over other people. I would say don't worry!
I mean, it is no different to dating a straight partner. Sexuality doesn't influence someone's likelihood of cheating, surely?
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
I mean, it is no different to dating a straight partner. Sexuality doesn't influence someone's likelihood of cheating, surely?

double the oppertunities?
Original post by ANM775
double the oppertunities?

If someone has morals, they will not seek out opportunities.
Reply 6
It'll be no different to your relationships with straight partners - you can trust her to be faithful just as much as you trust anyone, and she has chosen to date you so she knows what she's signing up for.

When my ex-boyfriend found out I was bi he instantly told me he thought he'd never be good enough and I'd go and look for something more eventually, and essentially told me I'd cheat on him... The fact he thought that little of my character really sent me down a dark spiral, so please be careful in what you say while you process this new thing :smile: Conversation is healthy, blame and unfounded criticism is not

Thanks that's really useful. I know I haven't come across in a great way and it's just new to me, I do really like her to be honest but it's just getting my head round it. Seems really into me as well, it's just initial careless things friends say like about threesomes etc and obviously people's lack of knowledge regarding bisexual people sometimes puts a negative sticker on things
Reply 7
If someone has morals, they will not seek out opportunities.

opportunities might seek out them...

like a girl who goes clubbing or to magaluf every summer will face a lot of temptations and opportunities thrown into her lap
Reply 8

No that's true, I think there is just a stigma around it and you get the comments like the one also here about double the opportunities which can just rattle you a bit.
Original post by ANM775
opportunities might seek out them...

And? You think people aren't capable of resisting temptation?
its no different from dating a straight girl....
Reply 11
And? You think people aren't capable of resisting temptation?

I'm just saying the more opportunities that someone is bombarded with the more chances of them having a moment of weakness if you catch my drift...
Original post by ANM775
I'm just saying the more opportunities that someone is bombarded with the more chances of them having a moment of weakness if you catch my drift...

The Ryan Giggs defence as it used to be called.
Original post by ANM775

Not really. I certainly can't think of a situation that would make me cheat on my partner.
Reply 14
Not really. I certainly can't think of a situation that would make me cheat on my partner.

At least half of people who cheat, don't set out to cheat. They find themselves in a situation where temptation is presented to them (clubbing or something), and perhaps the man is persistent .........and then she cheats
Original post by ANM775
At least half of people who cheat, don't set out to cheat. They find themselves in a situation where temptation is presented to them (clubbing or something), and perhaps the man is persistent .........and then she cheats

Well, not everyone is that easily tempted.

I can fully tell she will not. Maybe it will help to explain it this way, straight people date different people and sleep with different people (usually) but when they find the one they don't want to date anyone else or sleep with anyone else. She dates both genders but she is dating you and she is interested in you, it doesn't matter which she prefers because she is with you and that is enough.
Reply 17
Well, not everyone is that easily tempted.

i've seen a married woman cheat with my friend

and my other friends (one male and one female) cheated with each other on a night out, when in the past i have heard them condem cheating.

cheating is a lot more common that you think.

around half of people will cheat on a partner at least once during the course of their lifetimes...
Original post by ANM775
i've seen a married woman cheat with my friend

and my other friends (one male and one female) cheated with each other on a night out, when in the past i have heard them condem cheating.

cheating is a lot more common that you think.

around half of people will cheat on a partner at least once during the course of their lifetimes...

Unless I am getting the maths wrong, that means that half of people won't.
Reply 19
Original post by ANM775

Source?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending