The Student Room Group

Am i going to lose my license?

Hey folks.
I believe i was caught speeding on the motorway the other night. I was doing about 65 and approached a part of the road which had “roadwork” which i could not see and was not sign posted. The speed limit had been changed to 40 as it was later in the evening and no cars behind me i slammed on the breaks but think i went past at around 55/56 mph.
The speed change wasn’t visible until extremely close to the tower and i don’t think i was the only one who was caught out. The thing is i don’t know if it was a camera flash or lights from a car.
I am terrified i will get 6 points and lose my license as I’ve only been driving for about 18 months. I’m such a cautious driver and this really caught me out.
If I have been caught what are the likelihood’s i will get the six points. And when will i find out? It only happened Friday night. I suffer from bad anxiety and now i am struggling to sleep due to the stress. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by Fifer87
Hey folks.
I believe i was caught speeding on the motorway the other night. I was doing about 65 and approached a part of the road which had “roadwork” which i could not see and was not sign posted. The speed limit had been changed to 40 as it was later in the evening and no cars behind me i slammed on the breaks but think i went past at around 55/56 mph.
The speed change wasn’t visible until extremely close to the tower and i don’t think i was the only one who was caught out. The thing is i don’t know if it was a camera flash or lights from a car.
I am terrified i will get 6 points and lose my license as I’ve only been driving for about 18 months. I’m such a cautious driver and this really caught me out.
If I have been caught what are the likelihood’s i will get the six points. And when will i find out? It only happened Friday night. I suffer from bad anxiety and now i am struggling to sleep due to the stress. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Not sure how you can call yourself a cautious driver if you've drove straight past a new speed limit without realising it?

Wait for a month and see what happens

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending