The Student Room Group

my date cancelled on me but asked to reschedule for next week?

Basically what the title says but is this a good sign? Her excuse is a bit of a long story but I’ll just sum it up as “family emergency” and she had been talking about what had been going on on our previous date and so on before. Is it a good sign though that she rescheduled and how should I respond to this? Should I now let the ball be in her court? I don’t want to sound too keen. Do girls do this and not stand by it?
Family emergencies do sometimes happen and obviously it's a good sign that she has rescheduled.
Reply 2
As the poster before me said, it is a good sign she rescheduled. Either way, at the end of the day she either like you or she doesn't so there's nothing you can do here. Stop stressing, live your life as normal and see what happens next week :smile:
Reply 3
Thinking of a good text to reply back with, what about “Sweet. Next week is an even better for for me actually. Hope all goes well with your family” or is that too keen/clingy?
Original post by Anonymous
Thinking of a good text to reply back with, what about “Sweet. Next week is an even better for for me actually. Hope all goes well with your family” or is that too keen/clingy?

If you are responding to a text talking about problems with family, I probably wouldn't start with "Sweet"
Reply 5
Damn, that’s a good point. Glad I didn’t send it yet

Original post by black tea
If you are responding to a text talking about problems with family, I probably wouldn't start with "Sweet"

Damn that’s a good point. Glad I didn’t send it. Everything else cool though? Just gotta think of a better opener

Damn that’s a good point. Glad I didn’t send it. Everything else cool though? Just gotta think of a better opener

Why not try 'omg I hope everything ok (pet name/real name), take your time im not going anywhere', and try and be cute about it ok man
Basically what the title says but is this a good sign? Her excuse is a bit of a long story but I’ll just sum it up as “family emergency” and she had been talking about what had been going on on our previous date and so on before. Is it a good sign though that she rescheduled and how should I respond to this? Should I now let the ball be in her court? I don’t want to sound too keen. Do girls do this and not stand by it?

Think less and just reschedule.

How about responding like a normal person?

The rest of it's absolutely fine. Just miss out the "sweet", or you could start with something like "no problem" or "sorry to hear that [insert issue]"

Ps I didnt think you could go wrong with this. You just proved me wrong.
Original post by 999tigger
Ps I didnt think you could go wrong with this. You just proved me wrong.

I also agree. What?????? Like how
Original post by 999tigger
Think less and just reschedule.

How about responding like a normal person?

And what is responding like a normal person?
And what is responding like a normal person?

Not overthinking it?

If someone has family issues and you believe she is sincere, then why not show traits that match with her communication.

Empathy- because you show concern she is going through something.
Chilled- so you can show yourself to be flexible.
Considerate- so you can show you understand, are patient and wish her well.
Reassurance- so you can show you understand she is going through something, but youd still like a date, when things improve for her, but for now her priorities come first?

I have no idea, but maybe it was a big worry for her to cancel?
Maybe she is fretting she has blown it.
Maybe she would be encourages by getting a reassuring answer from you?

Just adjust your answer so its focused more on reassuring her that you understand and that the reschedule is something you can take in your stride.

Ps I know I said dont ovetrthink. but I was setting it out aspects that might not have occurred to you. You can cover it in 1-2 sentences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending