The Student Room Group

how would you feel if one of your uni housemates was transgender?

optional: what uni/s are you attending/applying for?
Wouldn't feel anything tbh. should I?
wouldn’t care. i care more about getting along with flatmates and if they’re clean or not.
Why would I care?
Reply 4
It doesn't matter in the slightest, it's really none of anybody else's business
and to the uni Q:
Oxford, Bristol, Bath, Lancaster and Leeds
Original post by saji13
Wouldn't feel anything tbh. should I?

nope, I'm just getting a feel for how other student may respond to living with a trans person like myself
Original post by beetrootsalad
nope, I'm just getting a feel for how other student may respond to living with a trans person like myself

I might be a bit taken aback at first and slightly wary, then again I am an older generation.
But as soon as I got to know the person I would just like them for who they were and not care one bit about anything else.
Original post by harrysbar
I might be a bit taken aback at first and slightly wary, then again I am an older generation.
But as soon as I got to know the person I would just like them for who they were and not care one bit about anything else.

thank-you for your honesty, I really apricate it
Why would you feel anything? Most halls are mixed anyway so wouldn’t matter but even if you’re in one that’s unisex he/ she would be that gender so I wouldn’t care or even have given it a second thought
I know trans people but never met one irl since I don't live in an open-minded country, but I can imagine it'd be fine just like anyone, except me not relating to them as much as gay people like myself
living with a transgender individual would not make me feel anything in particular, just as living with a non-transgender person would not make me feel anything in particular.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Oxfordbrookesmam
If I had specifically requested single sex accommodation I wouldn't accept having to share it with a trans-woman.

I am sexual assault surviver, I am unable to feel secure in the company of men (or any person who likely has a penus).

That's not transphobic, it's just a reality of biological sex.

trans-women are not men though
Couldn't care less.
Original post by MalcolmX
trans-women are not men though

Until they obtain a GRC they have the same rights as men not women.
That individual should/will have equal access to mixed gender accommodation.
Trans women are trans women.
(edited 3 years ago)
I wouldn't care. There were many LGBT+ students at my university, and the only reason people would avoid them is if they were mean (not because of their identity).
Reply 15
Wouldn't really care long as the person was okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending